Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 06:45:48 PM

Author Topic: Screw Compensation for Paired Master/Slave Axis for Gantry Router  (Read 471 times)

Hi, I'm new to Mach. My gantry style CNC router is designed with two ball screws to drive the Y axis (moving the gantry).  It's a master and slave arrangement.  Let's call the master Y1 and the slave Y2. I want to use screw compensation in Mach4 Industrial. Does the Y1 and Y2 axis each have their individual screw compensation?  Or is there just one set of compensation for both the Y1 and Y2?

Thanks
Re: Screw Compensation for Paired Master/Slave Axis for Gantry Router
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 10:31:04 AM »
Hi Artsoft Support, hope you can asnwer my question. Thanks
Hi, I'm new to Mach. My gantry style CNC router is designed with two ball screws to drive the Y axis (moving the gantry).  It's a master and slave arrangement.  Let's call the master Y1 and the slave Y2. I want to use screw compensation in Mach4 Industrial. Does the Y1 and Y2 axis each have their individual screw compensation?  Or is there just one set of compensation for both the Y1 and Y2?

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 08:03:09 AM »
Hi is there any Artsoft Support here? I really hope I can get an answer to my question. Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 09:40:51 AM »
Artsoft support is mainly limited to those holding the Industrial license, however, you can submit a ticket requesting assistance from here:-  http://support.machsupport.com/en/new-ticket

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 01:33:21 PM »
Thanks. But this is a pre-sale question.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 08:34:14 AM »
Screw compensation is per motor not per axis so each screw can be calibrated individually.

Without engineers the world stops