Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:36:37 AM

Author Topic: mach3 V3 issue, not sending pulses to the BOB  (Read 1385 times)

mach3 V3 issue, not sending pulses to the BOB
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
I'm upgrading from V2.6 to V3.043.062 and for some reason the DRO'S move but the steppers don't move.
I can switch back to V2 and they move.
The ports and pins have been set up identical of course.
With the exception of the limit switches, I disabled them until I figure this out.

I noticed the Mill3 xml file is formated totally different than V2, so I created a new profile.
So there is something I am missing and I can find nothing different in the V3 setup docs.

I'm using ESS smooth stepper with updated plugin and have proper status led's.
When I start V3, I do hear the steppers grab, that familiar clunk sound. But usually the ballscrew is unmovable, here I can actually turn them by hand with some effort.
I tested communication with the BOB by enabling a limit switch and see it come on in the Diagnostics screen.
So I guess I am getting no pulses.
I don't have a clue where to look next.
Included is my config file.
Someone out there seen this kind of issue?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 V3 issue, not sending pulses to the BOB
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:58:14 AM »
Hi Bizzz3,

Rather than me making some suggestions here (and to avoid duplication), I think it would be best for you to wait for Andy's answer to your question which you have posted on the Warp9 forum. He is the expert and will have you up and running in no time.   https://www.warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/7-general-discussion/6633-problems-migrating-from-mach3-v2-6-to-v3-043-062

Tweakie.
PEACE