Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:45:57 AM

Author Topic: New KX3 not working  (Read 2602 times)

New KX3 not working
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:16:10 AM »
Hi,

I have a new KX3 USB version configured for Mach3, which I've just setup for the first time and I can't figure out why it's not working, so I was hoping someone here could suggest anything I could check to get it working.

I followed the setting up procedure in the manual, except I using Windows 7 32 Bit instead of 2000 or XP. this is because The Mach3 web site says that you can run on Windows 7 32 bit and I've also downloaded the latest version of Mach3 from the web site.

The rest of the procedure was as follows, after installing Mach3 I installed the Sieg configuration files from the disc supplied with the machine and restarted my computer. I then ran the driver test which was fine no issues, although I believe that's to check the driver for the serial port, which I don't have, but the machine connects via USB. I've connect everything up turned on the computer, then the KV3 and reset the emergency stop. I opened Mach3 and selected the Sieg KX3 5000 profile and hit the reset button. The KX3 5000 profile is displayed in the bottom right of the screen and before hitting the reset button the Status box say Driver initialised I then tried to move the cutting head using jog controls but nothing is happening.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks
 Steve

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: New KX3 not working
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »
Often times when the axes are not moving there is a problem with the Mach3 configuration file. Go to the Config menu on Mach3, choose the Motor Output tab and make sure the X.Y,Z axes are enabled and have a step and direction pin assigned. Then hit the Input Signals tab and assure the 3 axes are enabled.

Does the USB port on your PC works?
Nicolas
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:55:19 AM »
Hi Kolias,

I've tried all the USB ports on the PC and I've connected other devises to make sure they are working. I also checked the Motor Out and the Input Signals tabs and I think they are ok. Here are the screen shots of the tabs I've also added taken one of the Port Setup tab.

Thanks for your reply
 Steve
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:10:51 AM »
 I'm trying to add the screen shots but for some reason the forum thinks the file names are the same and that I've already posted this message.

Thanks
 Steve

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
Rename the file names to download
Nicolas
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:27:32 AM »
Thanks

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
The config files looks ok to me

I noticed the following on a site about the KX3: (http://www.mini-lathe.com/KX3/KX3-2.htm)

"The KX3 comes factory-configured for Mach3, so normally there is no need to be familiar with the function of the BOB. Unfortunately, the machine that I'm reviewing was treated very roughly by the shipping company, resulting in some damage and some wires being knocked loose. To resolve the wiring problems, I took digital photographs of the LED's on the BOB and emailed them to the Sieg engineering team in Shanghai. Based on the LED's, they were able to quickly identify the problem and email me instructions on how to fix it. Cool."

You can also go to cnc4pc.com and search for the C11G BOB which I think your cnc is equiped with. Read the manual to see what is going on. CNC4PC have a pretty good manuals on their products.

Check all wiring to the BOB to see is they are ok and verify that the power ON light on the BOB is lit
Nicolas
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:18 AM »
Yes it is the C11G BOB fitted, I'll check it out, thanks again for your help.

Steve
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
Hi,
it sounds like Mach3 is installed and is using the built in parallel port when powered up. You don't want to use PP you want
to use USB. At power up there should be a screen which allows you to choose your motion controller. It also allows you to
check a box so that it doesn't show up all the time.
'Function Cfg's/Reset Device Sel....' then close and restart Mach this time selecting the motion controller you are actually going to use!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 03:50:06 PM »
Hi Craig,

I've found the problem I installed the Sieg config files from the disc supplied by them which is for the USB version of the machine, but after searching the Small CNC support forum I found another software version dated 2015. I installed this  and after opening the Mach3 Loader there was another profile, KX3 USB, where as the disc only installed the KX3 5000.

Thanks
 Steve