Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:29:48 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 - Constant Velocity & Exast Stop.  (Read 4760 times)

Mach4 - Constant Velocity & Exast Stop.
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »
Hi guys!
Sorry for my English!
I use Mach4 4.2.0.3390 (Hobby), ESS with the plugin 202, Laser source IPG Photonics.
It is not possible to adjust the cut at high speed and acceleration at a constant speed. The exact stop mode does not suit me, because on a thick metal the corners melt, on a thin metal on complex trajectories the machine jerks violently. After reading the forum, I learned about Wizard CV_Feedrate, but it does not work. At high speed and acceleration the machine starts to twitch. In Mach3 there is a tuning of the CV Dist Tolerance and Stop CV on angles, which work as it should. But, I did not find such settings in Mach 4. The G64 code has additional parameters G64P()Q(), where P is the rounding tolerance, Q is the simplification tolerance. On LinuxCNC this is working, on Mach4 it does not work.
I would like to use a new Mach4 and its capabilities on my machine, but I can not. Forgive help.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 - Constant Velocity & Exast Stop.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:09:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure the mcCvTuningWizard was included in build 3390 but I know you can find the latest at the following link. Put it in your wizards folder and give it a go.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,34966.msg240319.html#msg240319

There are no P or Q parameters for G64 in Mach so be sure to clean those up in your Gcode.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:24:49 PM »
SEREGIUS,
The CV works perfectly with Mack4.
I have set all 180 angles to 100mm/min and have no issues in machining finishing cuts on Brass with .05mm Ballnose D-Bits on detailed 3D engravings.
We also use Tapered Ballnose down to .25mm Radius to produce a smooth cut.
I has no issues in engraving lettering down to 1mm.
I am not sure if you use Imperial or Metric.
You can Edit Machine.ini and replace all the Angle=0 to 100 if your are using Metric or an equivalent number if using imperial.
Its a balance between speed and the end result you want.
You can use the Toolpath to do your test making small lettering and if it displays an acceptable cut to you then you have set it to you desired setting.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:35:24 AM »
Chaoticone,
Thank you. If I'm not mistaken, then mcCvTuningWizard was not in the assembly 3390. I'll try it in my work.
Mauri,
Thank you. Google translate is not entirely translates your message. What speed of cut do you have and acceleration? If the acceleration is not large, then Wizard_CV_Federate works normally. If the acceleration is large, even with a small decrease in speed from the working speed, a blow is seen with a change of speed, the mechanic of the machine suffers. And on Mach3 there are no such problems, everything works well.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:48 AM »
Here is a video of the work of Mach3 in CV mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vTpwuikrAQ
When you change the speed at the corners and arches the car travels smoothly and does not jerk. The arc is on a detail of complex shape and consists of many small parts.

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
SEREGIUS,
I like your Laser very nice.
My Mill is small and although it can have much more Velocity and Accelerate but I found it best to have it less when machining Brass.
My Velocity = 1000mm/min
My Acceleration = 150mm/Sec^2

On Our Router we have Acceleration of 300mm/Sec^2 and Velocity of 4000mm/min, but currently we are still using CV with Mach3 on this machine.

For your Velocity and Acceleration you need to do Toolpath simulation to see what CV setting is best for your Laser.
Please provide your Velocity and Acceleration on your laser.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 02:18:27 AM »
Mauri
Photo number 2.
My Velocity = 25000 mm/min (On M4 there will be 40000 mm/min)
My Acceleration = 5000 mm/Sec^2 (On M4 there will be 8000 mm/Sec^2)
At M4 Tulpath does not have time to update at this speed.
At M3 time.
CV is better to adjust the resolution, rather than viewing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The result, a new mcCvTuningWizard from Chaoticon works.
There was a new problem. When you start the gcEdit, you receive an error:
9:12:42 AM: Invalid value 2 for a boolean key "WholeWord" in config file.
9:12:42 AM: Invalid value 4 for a boolean key "MatchCase" in config file.
I installed M4-Demo on another PC, it works.
Put a wizard mcCvTuningWizard and after the restart of M4 error began to appear and on this PC too.