Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:39:45 PM

Author Topic: New CV tuning wizard  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
New CV tuning wizard
« on: May 23, 2017, 10:32:53 AM »
Hello folks, I have attached a new CV tuning wizard. I have tested it but I would love to know how others make out with it, what kind of questions it generates, etc.

It's pretty simple. There are 180 CV maximum feed rate settings in Mach4. One for each angle from 0-179 degrees. What this wizard does it linearizes and populates all 180 settings based on two sliders you adjust. This eliminates anyone wanting to use CV having to set each angles maximum feed rate individually (2 sliders beats 180 entries).  I won't say anymore for now and let the wizard speak for itself but I am interested in hearing what you think of it. The wizard has some instructions/explanations in it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:05:14 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: New CV tuning wizard
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 04:08:05 AM »
Hi, Chaoticone.
local cmd = "explorer.exe /open," .. dir .. "\\Docs\\mcCvTuningWizardHelp.pdf"
Where can I find mcCvTuningWizardHelp.pdf ?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:21:30 AM »
I have attached it to this post but there is not anything in it that is not in the wizard itself. If you read the instructions in the wizard, you have read the manual.

It's pretty straight forward. Click the button up top to enable CV feed rate and adjust the 2 sliders and accept.

The way it works is this. For CV feed rate there are 180 settings. One for each angle from 0-179 degrees. Each setting is the max feed rate you want the machine to take that angle at. So the wizard populates the setting for each angle based on slider positions. The stop angles greater than sets the feed rate for any angle greater than it to 0 which means it stops then makes the turn. An angle of 0 degrees can be taken as fast as any axis can go. An angle of one degree can be taken at what ever the Max feedrate slider is set to. That number is divided by the stop CV on angles greater than and the product of that is multiplied by each angle and that product is subtracted from the corresponding angle. That is how it works. The math may be slightly difference but the result would be the same. If you cannot get your CV Feedrate tuned to your liking using the CV tuning wizard you can use the CV_Feedrate wizard to manually enter any value for any angle (0-179).

Play with the wizard as you run the attached CVtest.txt Gcode file and notice the difference in the tool path for different angles.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
Thank you, Chaoticone.
I tried the wizard in my work, it looks like it works and works well.
But, I ran into a problem. If you run the wizard, turn it on, it works. If you go into the configuration - mach..., close the settings, then the wizard turns off.
It is possible that it would always be included, even with the first launch of Mach4?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »
Open the wizard, enable CV Feedrate, accept then close Mach. That should make it so it sticks. I think what is happening is you have not saved the ini file with the CV feedrate enabled so it defaults to off. When you exit the config menu it goes back to default because you have not saved it as anything else. That is what happens here at least. I have no control of what happens when exiting the configuration dialog.