Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:35:56 AM

Author Topic: Scaling troubles  (Read 4185 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling troubles
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »
I am curious, can you post a picture of your cnc machine.

RICH
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 06:45:24 PM »
I'm not real happy with this machine I would like to rebuild it with a 12' Gantry and that will let me access through the side of the machine instead of the end or going under the ways on the y axis. Rich my picture is too big for this site and I can't zip the pic . Can you please send me your email address and I will send it that way. Thanks.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 06:21:18 AM »
Forget about the picture.

So your using a router machine to "mill" and just let me say that
you probably do not have the rigidity of a milling machine.
Don't expect milling machine tolerances. The whole "system"
as applied to the machining task comes into play and is also dependant on the material your working with. So I will repeat "YOU have what YOU have" and it will only do what it can.

So do some testing both in the material you are working with, how the code is done, tool used, etc and see what it can do.

If you want better than what it can currently do then you need to look at each part of the system for possible improvement.

RICH
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 07:08:21 AM »
It must be too much flex in the z axis. I'm just machining wood not metals. When I rebuild it I'm going to use all steel. Thanks for all your help Kevin
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 07:05:46 PM »
I think that I just found must of the trouble. The y axis rail when the guy put it on was out by 1/8" and wanting to make the machine make very small jumps not visible to the eye. But when watching the vac hose you could see it make small shakes in the middle of the ways.. I ground the high spots out to straighten . I got the machine to Mill a 1" holein aluminum accurate to.004.  Close enough for doing wood. Just thought I would share my findings it might help someone else.