Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:23:58 AM

Author Topic: PLUGIN CONTROL NOT THERE PROMO THC SETUP  (Read 6623 times)

PLUGIN CONTROL NOT THERE PROMO THC SETUP
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »
First, Thanks for taking the time to read my problem and possibly offer some help. I'm new to the plasma world for about 6 months, I built my machine from scratch and have been cutting with no issues. When I built my system I purchased a USB mach3 compatible controller off ebay (I know ebay and yes its from China). Anyway it works great I havent had a single issue with it, when I purchased everything I also purchased a PROMO THC controller off ebay direct from them off their ebay store. Since I had ZERO plasma experience I didn't want to throw a THC controller in the mess of learning a new machine. So, I decided to wait to install it until I felt good with the machine and cut quality. I'm at the point now, so today I wire it in and go to my diagnostics screen and I can see the THC Torch Up and Down working along with the Torch on as the control is in test modes. But Z DOES NOT MOVE, I watched some videos found that I need to go to "Plugin Control" and select CONFG and turn on THC MODE. My Issue when I go to "Plug in Control" only a video option pops up, I dont see the screen I need. Is there a plug in I need to download?

Yes I'm running a FULL version of Mach3.
Re: PLUGIN CONTROL NOT THERE PROMO THC SETUP
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »
did you figure this out as i am having the same issue
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 02:13:12 PM »
Yes I ended up buying another card from warp9. Worked perfect and hasn’t give me one bit of trouble. If you want that part number let me know and I can look it up when I get home.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 02:37:41 PM »
Hi,
THC control is a realtime function, that is,  in order to be an effective THC solution the machine needs to respond instantly,
or at least with a few microseconds. As a consequence it is enacted by the motion controller, not Mach.

Machs parallel port driver is a motion controller. Given it runs on the same PC as Mach the application its not clear
that they are separate, but they are. Machs parallel port driver does support THC. Many of the best and well known
external motion controllers like the Ethernet SmoothStepper or the UC300, for instance also support THC.

The vast majority of Chinese made external motion controllers don't support probing let alone THC.

There are two solutions to your problem:
1) Install Windows 7 32 bit or earlier and a parallel port and use Mach3's parallel port driver as your motion controller.
2) Buy an external motion controller that does support THC, while that does not exclude Chinese controllers, most
Chinese controllers do not support it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'