Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 04:06:03 PM

Author Topic: spindle speed control with Galil 1842?  (Read 3517 times)

spindle speed control with Galil 1842?
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:51:13 PM »
I am setting up a Galil DMC-1842 to run with Mach and wondered if I can do spindle speed control with it? I just assumed it would have some extra analog outs that could be used for this, but I do not see any on the spec sheet. I picked up a cool Yaskawa VS-606V7 VF drive on ebay to use for spindle speed control. It takes all kinds of speed control ref signals, like 0-10v or 4-20 ma, or pwm .  What would be the best way to to control spindel speed with this Galil bd and a VF drive via Mach?

Thanks,

Doug Danielson

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: spindle speed control with Galil 1842?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:07:52 AM »
Mach can output a PWM signal, all you need to do is set it up in spindle control under ports and pins.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
Re: spindle speed control with Galil 1842?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 07:12:16 AM »
Hi there, with a galil, you would use one of the axis analog outputs for spindle control...
it will give you 0-10v to run your vfd...
on my lathe, with a galil 2130, I use the Y axis to drive the spindle....the spindle operates open loop, not like the axis drives...
hope this helps....Brian B is working on this suff in the Galil plugin as we speak...he is after rigid tapping, and lathe threading...
as of now, I have the galil wdsk software controling the spindle speed, but not mach3 yet...the rest of the axis motion, and i/o is working great!

good luck with the galil...