Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:27:52 PM

Author Topic: MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects  (Read 679 times)

MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects
« on: January 17, 2022, 02:33:18 PM »
I have just set up and started my new AVID PRO 48x96, set up Mach 4.  I did the SCU set up using AVIDs program and installed the AVID version of MACH 4.  I have connected to the CNC controller via Mach 4 for enough time to home, set up my part location using the Touch Plate and ran one program that ran 1" above the part for some reason. 
This was the first time I connected.  Then the ESS connection was lost again and again. I gave up started the machine up the next day and it connected.  Then I homed, started to set the part location with the Touch Plate and the ESS connection was lost again and again.  My laptop will not stay connected at all.  I have restarted the laptop, power cycled the controller on the cnc and it just wont stay connected.  I occasionally get a minute or two of connection then it disconnects.  Tried this for a day or two and have contacted AVID for support.
Can anyone provide any insight?  I have attached screenshots with system info and error messages.
Any help would be great!  Thank you
Re: MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 07:52:20 AM »
Figured it out with Avid tech help.  The wires between the ESS and the 5v power supply were loose.  Disconnected the wires then reconnected and moved the connector around a bit.  The ESS maintained connection after a few minutes of manipulation.  It is a new machine so there may have been some vibration or dislodging in transit.  All is good now.