Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:16:47 AM

Author Topic: Router stopped less than midways  (Read 1693 times)

Router stopped less than midways
« on: March 12, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
Hi
I was cutting with my cnc router and Mach3 for about one houre than it stopped besause a limit witch triggered, non of the switches was triggerd. I belive the program is app 3000 lines and I had just over 1000 lines done.
This limit switch triggerd for no reason I know about, it has happend ones before. When I reset it seems to be ok.
I it possible to restart the process at line 1000? I shut the PC and control off but I know exactly where 0 are on all the three axis. Or can I just delete 900 lines, of cause leave the start up lines and start from there?
Hope someone can give me some advises :)
Re: Router stopped less than midways
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 06:09:34 AM »
Hi,
sounds like electrical noise triggered the limit. It will recur at random times until you eliminate the noise source and/or protect
sensitive signal circuits.

You can start a program from part way through but be warned that you will gouge and otherwise wreck a few pieces of work
before you learn all the quirks. Suggest you try a few run-from-here instructions in scrap material first. Read the instructions in
the manual Mach3Mill_1.84.pdf section 6.2.7.8 on page 6-7.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
Hi,
Thanks a lot. Will try and isolate or eliminate the noise source.

Will try some run from here in the air first.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »
Hi
All my motor cable was screened but the screen was not earthed. I have now terminated them to earth and run the router for some hours without tripping. I have also used run from here several times with perfect result.
Thanks a lot Craig
Gaute
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:36:35 PM by Poppey_au »