Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:41:55 PM

Author Topic: Auto Tool Length  (Read 1748 times)

Auto Tool Length
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
Firstly... apologies for posting this again, as I know there are many posts relating to the subject!

However, I'm really struggling to find a solution to what I'm looking for.  I get very close, by utilising various macros and scripts found here
on the forum.  The trouble is, I have very limited experience and knowledge of scripts and macros but willing to learn.  If someone can point
me in the right direction, in layman's terms I'd be extremely grateful.

I have built/modified a small mill which works just fine.  I have a Kress 1050 spindle with a Sorotec ATC and 8 position tool-bank.  I've had help
with modifying my own screenset to include a tool selector system, which picks up a desired tool (Offsets1.jpg).    I have a touch-sensor (Digitizer)
which works fine with a simple G31 script/code.   The sensor triggers at 7.6mm above the spoilboard (or underside of the material being machined).

On my Offsets screen, I have set some UserDRO's for the position of the sensor (G53 X10.5 Y52.9).  Not sure how to set the Z value yet.

What I am requiring is a facility to automatically measure the height of each tool.

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance.

Keith - UK
Re: Auto Tool Length
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:31:39 PM »
Now sorted!

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Tool Length
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »
Pictures ;)