Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:51:59 PM

Author Topic: Beginner experiencing some teething problems.  (Read 2063 times)

Beginner experiencing some teething problems.
« on: March 13, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »
Hello, Some help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

I am a newbie when it comes to mach3 software and cnc programming in general. I have been running my machine for a few months now and have been getting on relatively well until last Friday when the machine began to trigger the emergency stop by itself whilst whilst cutting. In the status history it sited the reason 'too fast for pulley - using max'. Having read previous posts on here I have then proceeded to go to config - spindle pulleys - then change the max speed to match the speed in my g-code and it comes up siting a new error 'PWM - Bumped to minimum setting'. At this point the spindle doesn't want to spin at all. Once again having checked previous posts on here it seems as though the problem is to be solved in the -config - system pulleys part but the only way I can get the spindle to go again is to change it back to it's original setting. The machine runs on the original setting but only for a few minutes before triggering the emergency stop again.

I've been chasing this round in circles for a while now and have decided I could use some help. I have loaded my xml for anyone who would like to take a look and perhaps cast some light on the situation for me.

Many thanks in advance.

Si

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner experiencing some teething problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »
Hi Si,

Welcome to the forum.

In Config. / General Config. try entering a figure of 500 in Debounce Interval. It would also be good to uncheck 'Use WatchDogs'.

This should stop the unwanted Emergency Stop situation.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Beginner experiencing some teething problems.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will give that a go this afternoon and see if my luck changes.

Thanks again.