Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:21:09 AM

Author Topic: Motor Turns in Wrong Direction  (Read 2079 times)

Motor Turns in Wrong Direction
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
I finally got my system active and have run into a motor issue.
I'm using the Gecko G540 as my driver and my X-Axis motor refuses to change directions.
I've tried reversing it in Home and Limits as well as setting it Low on the Direction Pin all too no avail?
The A-Axis is slaved to the X-Axis and if I attempt to Jog the system the A-Axis doesn't move and I have it Slaved to the Master.
The Ports and Pin Settings are all correct and now I'm pulling my hair out.
Also I can get No movement from my Y-Axis either.

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be?
Re: Motor Turns in Wrong Direction
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:29:04 AM »
Hi,
couple of things you can try...

If you are using a 540 try unplugging the x axis motor and plugging in the y axis motor instead- should prove either the motor
or the port is faulty.

Next idea requires a multimeter. Identify which pin in your printer port cable is the x axis direction pin. Test the pin, it should be logic
high in one direction and logic low in the the direction. The direction pins are persistent so they will remain the same until you change it.

To set the pin; from the MDI line;
G1 X5 F0.001 <enter>, the X dro should very very slowly start increasing allowing enuf time for you to probe the pin.
To reverse direction; G1 X0 F0.001, the DRO should now decrease and allow you to probe the pin.

Let us know how you get on.

Craig

You should double check that the pin you assigned for X DIR in Mach3 is in fact the same as the G540 expects the signal to be on.
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Motor Turns in Wrong Direction
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:29:19 AM »
Well I finally got my x-axis motors to turn together in the correct directions. Now I have another problem, though its actually a machine issue. While I was researching parts for my OX CNC Router I was advised to run GT3 Belts. Problem is mine aren't standard width of 6mm. Mine are actually 8mm. and to wide for extrusions. Still working away on getting my Y-axis moving though I think the motor is faulty.