Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:49:19 AM

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 1704 times)

Help needed
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:24:27 AM »
Hi all,
I m from India, and I m trying to convert my lathe to mach3 based Cnc. So before going for the actual setup I thought I wud make a single axis setup without hooking the motor to actual machine, and try to run the nema 34 stepper motor using mach 3 ,a breakout board and stepper drive procured from tinycontrols.com.after completing the setup the motor doesn't moves at all.
1) when I power on the system the rotor gets locked.
2)when I use the keyboard left and right arrow keys the led indicator on the bob for step glows and when I change the direction(I. e when I press the left arrow key the led for direction on bob glows and I get a slight jerk on the stepper motor.)
3)I can see the direction of motor or tool on screen of mach 3.
I4)on the axis tab I have only selected z axis.
5)I have kept the chardest pump signal on and I can see its led indicator on bob glowing.
So can anybody plz tell me what is the problem or why the motor is not moving.
Thx in advance.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
I would say the stepper drive or the the breakout board are not configured properly or the motor is not wired properly . Have you followed any instructions how to configure them?
Nicolas
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »
Thx for the reply.
I have followed all the instructions to configure the bob and drive.
My drive voltage rating is 18v to 48 v , my bob is 24v 0.5a and my stepper motor voltage is 3.92 v and current rating is 2.8a.I am powering both the break out board and drive from the same switch mode power supply.my power supply rating is 24v ,3a.my stepper motor is 8 wire nema 34 motor and I am using it in parallel configuration with 2/3Rd of the rated current.do u think my power supply is fine or I need a bigger power supply.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:35:12 AM »
Power supply is ok, did you wire the motors according to instruction? did you double check the wiring?
Are any DIP switches on the motor controller and are they set up as per instructions?
Nicolas