Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:09:48 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 help?  (Read 1904 times)

Mach 3 help?
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
Hi I am wondering if any of you much more competent people are able to help me, we currently have a morbidelli a502 (old machine we know) it is currently running on a tria 7000 but the plc is currently down and out, we can go down the route of getting the required files and data for the plc, that isnt the problem, but we also have ideas of possibly trying to get it run on mach 3, now here's the next tricky part we come across, we currently run on aspan which modifies the codes to pgm in order for the cnc and plc to recognise what we wish to make. Is there a way we can still make this work with aspan and if so how would we have to go about it, or is it worth upgrading our cam design software? also if we can upgrade to mach, again how would we go about this? hopefully ive explained it a bit better then i think i have and somebody can help. If there are anymore questions i am happy to try and answer!

Many thanks, Daniel.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach 3 help?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
also if we can upgrade to mach, again how would we go about this?

This is a very serious conversion, and you really need to know what you're doing. I would expect someone that's very knowledgeable in Mach3 to spend a full week or more doing it?
It's not a trivial task at all.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: Mach 3 help?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 02:08:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply. With how old the system is for us it is more the question of is it worth doing, is it going to be more economical to a business in the long run and less demanding such as support with the software as it seems that trying to get hold of such old software I.e plc is a game of jumping through hoops.