Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:31:11 PM

Author Topic: Screen Set Property Descriptions  (Read 1119 times)

Screen Set Property Descriptions
« on: February 09, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »
I have found that when editing a screen set the easiest way to make sweeping stylistic changes is to edit the screen.xml file from within the screen.set file.  However, I am not certain what some of the available properties are.  Would someone please provide some clarity on these properties? 

I would also be okay with someone pointing me to a reference where all of this is documented?

Code: [Select]
           <mcLed>
              <Property name="Name">ledLimit--C</Property>
              <Property name="Instance">0</Property>
              <Property name="Shape">0</Property>
What is the instance property?  The only option in the screen editor dropdown is 0.

Code: [Select]
            <mcStaticText>
              <Property name="Name">lblLimit--C</Property>
              <Property name="Font">0;-9;0;0;0;400;0;0;0;1;0;0;2;32;Consolas</Property>
              <Property name="Bg Color"></Property>
              <Property name="Label Code">-1</Property>
              <Property name="SysVar">0</Property>
              <Property name="SysParam">0</Property>
            </mcStaticText>

What are the various font property values?

Is there a way to set the Bg Color to transparent?  If no value is given it will adopt the Bg Color of the tab element. 

Is it possible to create new label codes?  If so, where should those be pasted?

What are the SysVar and SysParam properties?

Lastly, is there a way to prevent DRO elements from resizing the font when I try to resize the element?

Thanks!

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Set Property Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »
There is no documentation of our internal screen format.  You are own your own in there...  I will say that the font property is specific to the OS and I have NO idea what it comprises. 

No Bg color is transparent in some places and opaque in others.  Again, this is an OS thing.  You pretty much can't have a transparent tab in MS Windows.  So the controls that are laid upon a tab WILL take on the tab Bg Color.

It is not possible for a user to create new label codes.  They have to be programmed into the GUI.  If you have ideas for some, put them in the feature request thread. 

SysVars are G code variables.  #100, #1100, #1200, etc...  SysVars can be used to create custom parametric G code programs. 

SysParams are system parameters.  SysParams define the control behavior.  They are changed with G10L50 and read with PRM[ x ] (where x is the desired parameter).  There are not many things a user would ever need to change in the SysParams.  Most of these only pertain to the Industrial license with Macro B.  Tool life management, Custom G codes, etc... 

The DRO font size is intetionally programmed to fill the height of the element.  If that doesn't fit the desired look, then make the DRO flat with no border and put a faux background bitmap behind it.  The sky is the limit.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:57:47 PM by smurph »