Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:32:53 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 help! Emergency mode active with no command for it  (Read 3073 times)

Mach 3 help! Emergency mode active with no command for it
« on: January 06, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »
Hey guys and gals - New here and looking for some assistance.

We are running the Mach 3 cnc system on our 3 axis CNC router.  lately i have been experiencing an issue i can not solve.  I can load G code, start cutting a program and the system will randomly just stop and shut down power to the drive motors.  We are using a Geckodrive board.  I do not push the emergency button nor is that the problem it seems.  I have to cycle power to the geckoboard to regain power at the motors and then this will allow me to remove the Emergency mode.  Then i can usually resume cutting, although sometimes the part gets messed up because it seems to skip a line or two of code.

So an example the piece I am cutting out currently is about a 35 minute cycle time to complete.  Yesterday the program ran for 24 minutes and 23 seconds and just stopped, today same issue although i made it to 27 minutes 50 seconds.  Last week I was having the same issue, except much sooner in my program.  sometimes this happens only after a minute or two of cycle time.

Any help is appreciated as I don't know where to turn.  I did find a few worn out roller bearings and have replaced those this morning.

Is there a fault code screen that could help me?

Thanks
Joe

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 help! Emergency mode active with no command for it
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 02:41:16 AM »
Perhaps check that your Gecko drives (and your PC) are not overheating - check for dust blocking cooling air circulation etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:15:46 PM »
I have checked the PC and it is within operating range.  Is there a screen that the Gecko Drive can be seen?  I assume no.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:20 AM »
Could you perhaps do s few more tests and give a bit more detail...

Is it Mach3 that is freezing (just stopping) and if so what is the message given in the Status bar at the bottom of the screen ?
Is it your PC that is freezing ?
Is it the Gecko drive that is freezing ?

Tweakie.
PEACE