Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:13:45 AM

Author Topic: XHC pendant macros confusion  (Read 4922 times)

XHC pendant macros confusion
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:21:16 PM »
Trying to get the "Macro-2" and "Macro-3" buttons on my LHB04 pendant to "Set Home X" & "Set Home Z"individually in the stock Mach3 Turn screen.  Thanks to Rich, I was able to get the Spindle CCW command to work using the Config plug-in screen in Mach...entered the button code 173 in the Macro number1 box on the bottom & selected Spindle CCW toggle from the drop-down in the upper Macro-1 box.  Cool, press the Macro-1 button on the pendant & away it goes spinning backward.  That alone was worth the money...almost.

I tried the available options for homing the X & Z individually using the plug-n drop down menu options but nothing works except homing both at the same time.  Not good for my setup.  Remembering what Hood had told me earlier about "DoOemButton(1024, I tried to get that to work to home Z using the various custom options that are in the confusing Chinglish manual but so far no luck.  Anybody have any suggestions?  Manual .pdf attached

Milton from Tennessee ya'll.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: XHC pendant macros confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:11:36 AM »
DICKEYBIRD,

Not sure if your aware of the following thread:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,33821.msg234558.html#msg234558

Try contacting Alex He. My replies in that post were with you in mind.

Suggest you post in that thread so we can see how it all goes.
I will be following it. ;)

RICH
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:15:06 AM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »
Thanks Rich, I just posted in that thread; we'll see if anything happens.  I also emailed him from my work email last week with another question.  Won't know until tomorrow if he answered there.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:26:33 PM »
Just a note the thank Rich for notifying me about the other thread with the posts from Alex He, Sales rep.

Alex gave me the XHC tech support email address and Jack responded very quickly to my question with the answer.  It's working great now!:)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 06:57:38 PM »
How about posting a few words about  what you did to make it work.

RICH
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:55 PM »
Here's a pic of the screenshot jack emailed me with arrows pointing to the boxes that had to be changed.  I'm embarrassed to admit it was so simple but hey, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the ATC! ;)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »
Hey DICKYBIRD,
If you are not the dullest tool in the ATC then you are doing alright in my book!!!!!  ;D
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate it.  I have trouble with some of this stuff; it may as well be sorcery to me.  Thankfully I've learned where the wizards congregate! ;D