Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:22:56 AM

Author Topic: Mach-3 interface questosn  (Read 11621 times)

Mach-3 interface questosn
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »
I have a Taig DSLS 3000 mill with Mach-3 software and it is basically working.  I added an extra parallel port interface
board so I have available extra inputs for home switches and general I-O. 
Most of my problems are presumably operator related but here we go:

1.  On the “Program Run Screen” there is an indicator: Green color= normal condition,
Yellow color=  abnormal condition.  It is continuously alternating between the two states about twice per second. 
Everything works, I can run programs and it looks OK on the diaganostic page.

2.  After successfully running a program the machine is disabled.  It looks like the controller detected an out of sync
error with the shaft encoders or something.  When I jog the machine it does not move and there are no error
messages on the screen.  The DRO changes so it looks like Mach-3 is sending pulses to the controller. 
Clicking “Reset” twice and all is fine again.

3.  This might be related to the problem above:  If it looses steps by going too fast or hitting limits, the controller
properly shuts down but I do not see an error message or indication that it happened.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

By the way, added extra parallel port shows up at an address of C400-C407 when A PCI card is used. 
As a result most or the port monitoring and test programs do not work since they only expect the old
DOS address with just three characters, for example 278.  Mach-3 works fine with the 4-character address.

This is also true when a parallel port PC card is used in a laptop.
Bertho

Hood

Re: Mach-3 interface questosn
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:55:40 PM »
1. Click on the abnormal button to see what the error is, if its not actually an error but rather the way you have set things up then double click on it, a box should pop up and choose the option to make this a normal condition.

2. Have a look on the General config page and see if you have any options checked for the Progrm End or M30 or Rewind section, could also be something to do with your abnormal state button.

3. Not sure

Hood
Re: Mach-3 interface question
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
Thanks Hood for super fast reply.

#1:  Clicking on the “Abnormal” button gives: Axis are not refed to normal condition.
I have homed X-Y-Z and clicked on “A” axis in referencing on the diagnostic page so X-Y-Z-A are green and they are automatically set to zero and it appears normal.
Axis C & D are red and I do not know how to disable them if that has something to do with the error message.

I hate to click “Let Mach-3 fix it” since then I never learn what was wrong.

#2: You were right, I had “disable all output” enabled in the config menu.  No error message or warning that I can see that the machine is disabled.  Maybe the error is covered up by the #1 problem?

#3: No warning message when not working.  Maybe it relates to #2,

New question:
#4: I saved a fixture offset using the save option for fixture #1 G54.  The screen shows “Current Position”. 
I expect that clicking on the G54 Fixture 1 button it would bring back my saved value and replace the current one. 
That does not happen.  I have been reading up on the fixture offset commands and issuing a G54 via the
MDI command line nothing happens.  I am obviously overlooking something.  Any ideas?
TIA
Bertho

Hood

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:50:40 PM »
1. How many axis do you have enabled for your machine, could it be you have enabled all  axis?

2. Not sure if you get an error message as really there is no error as it was a user selection to "disable all outputs"

3. Not sure if you would see an error message

4. I am really crap with the offsets, cant be much help I am afraid :(
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »
Thanks again Hood!
I am getting closer on understanding the #1 abnormal blinking button.  If I start the program and click
reset I can jog and in general all is well.  If I go to the diagnostic page and click on reference an axis,
for example Z, the homing works properly and it senses my home switch and automatically set the Z
axis to 0.  This is true for the other axis too and all appears well.  Except as soon as an axis is zeroed,
the Abnormal Condition starts blinking, and the message is:  “Axis are not refed to normal condition.”

You asked about how many channels I have activated but I did not find a place to control that. 
Presumably I have overlooked it too.  I have a 4-axis controller.

I just found the screen customization program and I love it.  It is amazing how much development
effort has gone into these programs.   I removed the extra axis in the Screen-4 program but it did not make any difference.

Hopefully someone will help with saving the fixture offsets and how to use them.
Bertho

Hood

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »
Look on the config menu then ports and pins then motor outputs. Make sure you only have X Y Z and A enabled.
 Hood
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 06:37:21 PM »
Yes, only X_Y_Z_A are enabled.  I forgot wherer the enabling function was.
Thanks,
Bertho

Hood

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 06:41:14 PM »
I am not sure why you get an abnormal function, please attach your xml and I will see if I can find anything that could be causing it. In reality its probably nothing to worry about and clicking the normal button would fix it.
Hood

ps you will have to rename your xml to something like Bertho.xml or the forum wont let you post it. Best thing to do is copy the Mach3Mill.xml and paste it in MyDocuments or Desktop or wherever and then rename it before trying to attach it to your post.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 06:49:52 PM by Hood »
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 07:09:08 PM »
Hood,
I really appreciate that you are taking the time to help me.
Attached is the file in question.
Bertho

Hood

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
I get the same flashing abnormal button when I reference with your xml but why I am not sure. Have not found the reason yet but as its getting late here I will look again tomorrow, if I remember lol

Hood