Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:07:24 PM

Author Topic: Pendant trouble  (Read 845 times)

Pendant trouble
« on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:15 PM »
I am having trouble getting my fixed remote pendant to work after rewiring pretty much my entire control system and replacing all of the software (Mach3, ESS and pendant plugins, and totally re-configured from my notes).  It was working perfectly when I had the M36 board connected directly to the ESS via a 6 foot long ribbon cable, however, the same M36 is now connected through a C22 board (to supply power to the M36) to the ESS.  Everything on it is working except the resolution switch will not turn on pin 10 for the X100 setting.  Anyone have an idea where to look next?

John
Re: Pendant trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
I spent some time verifying continuity of the connections between the Smooth Stepper through the C22 to the M36 connector and found no problems, however, when I checked between the range selector switch and the Db25 connector pins there was an open.  After removing the M36 from the panel I noticed a burnt trace on the switch side of the board (which is double sided).  A short jumper from a Via to the pin fixed it.  I don't remember exactly when that may have happened but I seem to remember that switch position not working when I initially connected it to the Db25 connector but was able to use it when I used a ribbon cable connected directly to the Smooth Stepper at that time. I had reverted back to the Db25 when I rewired the system recently.

John