Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:19:38 PM

Author Topic: Mach Not Closing After Enabling Modbus  (Read 2212 times)

Mach Not Closing After Enabling Modbus
« on: December 06, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »
I am implementing Modbus control of a spindle. Once I check the Modbus InputOutput Support box on the Config - Ports and Pins screen I have a problem closing Mach. It appears to close, but when I try to start Mach again it will not open. I have to go into task manager and end the task for Mach.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Not Closing After Enabling Modbus
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
Are you running any antivirus? If so, what happens when you disable it?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »
I disabled virus protection and nothing changed.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 01:53:57 PM »
I think I would do a clean install of Mach3 and enable modbus in one of the default profiles to see if the issue still exist.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »
I think I would do a clean install of Mach3 and enable modbus in one of the default profiles to see if the issue still exist.
That was a very good idea. Unfortunately it did the same thing. I tried to make sure my machine was clean of anything previously installed so I uninstalled Mach, deleted the entire Mach3 directory, and deleted any registry entries that had Mach3 in the name. The clean install using a default profile did the same thing. I am running version 3.043.062.

I would appreciate it if someone else would try temporarily enabling Modbus on the Ports and Pins configuration screen. Then close Mach and try re-opening. Will you have to kill Mach in task Manager or re-boot to get it to start? The reason I am asking is because all of my machines have had my XML file on them and I want to make sure that something is not hanging around. If this happens on someone else's machine, I can be pretty certain it is a Mach problem and not something to do with  my configuration.

Thank you in advance,
Kent
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 05:10:17 PM »
Mach support solved the issue. I need to run the program as Administrator. Never had to do that before. Not a big deal for me, but for shops with multiple employees I can see how they may not want to give Admin privileges to everyone running the machine.

Kent