Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:27:09 AM

Author Topic: Question on Plasma THC control to users of this facility  (Read 13565 times)

Re: Question on Plasma THC control to users of this facility
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »
100th of a second wait after g92 is not a lot of time to wait.

It is 1 macro loop cycle at 10 hz, you can take it out, but now you run the risk of the machine setting g92 as fast as its running for z safe.....

I'd leave it in....

If you upgrade to an ohmic probe, I use one input and a relay to test which triggered, and set the appropriate offset.

I find my offset with a piece of paper.....

Probe the z, and then back off one step at a time until the paper slides out, redo it and test again a few times if it's borderline, if you miss the point, don't jog the other way, back off say 10mm and re run, so that the pressure applied be the floating head is correct (reflective of normal operation).....

If that important... Subtract paper thickness.....  But really.... Once the torch fires, and starts moving, it's just a starting point for the thc....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:44:51 PM by robertspark »
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
Re: Question on Plasma THC control to users of this facility
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 07:19:03 PM »
Again thanks for the information Robert.

I have been very surprised with something in Mach3, In the Macro I had the Feed rate on Z slowed down so as to have minimal travel when the micro-switch opened, I had a sudden thought that I had to discover what the feed rate was before going into the Macro and set it again when I left, but no it all just seemed to work, someone must have put a lot of thought into it.

Adrian