Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:28:37 PM

Author Topic: M4,ESS and Limit/Home issues  (Read 1868 times)

M4,ESS and Limit/Home issues
« on: January 21, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »
Hey everybody,

I'm so close to getting my machine running, but I'm still having a couple issues. Hoping for some help.

Running:
M4 V. 4.2.0.3233
Warp 9 Ess
C10 BOB

I have my X and Y axes limits responding as I believe they should. the appropriate LED's are lighting up in the diagnostics tab when they're tripped. but this only works properly when Z is NOT enabled. If it's enabled I immediately get a message saying that Z++ limit has been tripped.  It tripps about every 2-3 seconds and continues that way until I restart Mach and disable it.

Dazthegas did a video on this issue a while back, but I can't find his scripts. Maybe someone can provide a link to them or another solution??

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Bob

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: M4,ESS and Limit/Home issues
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:43 AM »
First things I would check is wether you have set the polarity correct between the limit being High/Low then if no luck use the noise filter on about 1000, if this works then keep halving that amount until it happens again then up it a bit.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Daz.  But that didn't work..   Do you suppose the scripts you did a video on a while back are still a viable solution?

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »
hello two things come to mind i have used c10s in the past one thing you can do is place .1 micro farad capacitors between input and common for inputs pins 10 11 12 13 15 this will help to settle things. next how are you wiring your limits individual or daisy chain. i would pull my wires off the c10 and with a meter or continuity tester see how they behave individually and check to machine ground for short. good luck
mark