Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:38:22 PM

Poll

Please advise. New to cnc.

jump of the cliff
0 (0%)
send it back
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: cnc problem  (Read 1977 times)

cnc problem
« on: November 24, 2016, 12:04:24 PM »
Hi. I'm totally new to CNC. I bought one from ebay. Came with Mach 3 software. After installation I cant seem to get it even started. The power goes in because I can speed up the spindle but none of the axis is working when I switch to manual (with tab). Is there something I'm doing wrong? Please help :(

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: cnc problem
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:04:58 PM »
Your poll is almost there - i would suggest contacting the supplier at first - it was bought as a machine not a kit ??

I guess this would be a 3040 or 6040 machine??

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:31:43 AM »
I agree with Dave - you should contact the supplier.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 05:33:37 AM »
Yep, I know it sounds a bit of a let down but there are so many tales of woe regarding these machines, unless buyers start making point it will never get sorted.

They sometimes work out of the box but more often than not they need countless hours of work and help to fix the issues of poor build, useless components or just downright rubbish construction.

One common issue you may want to check -

The big red safety button, sometimes they lock it in with a plastic clip - to remove this clip you have to take the cover off and go inside - total madness. If the button is not working or feels wrong - it should press in with a click and release with a half-turn or so, check this out first as it will disable everything.

Are there any LED's - do they light up?
Is it set for 240v not 110 etc - this would smoke it straight away.

The list goes on, and on but before you do anything, I would go straight back to the supplier and demand it be fixed or replaced, there are regulations for this type of happening. At the least you should get your £££££ back - this is good because you can then fix the machine yourself if wanted.

Get tough with them - you bought in good faith as a working, new machine, they have to provide this or return funds wherever in the world they are.