Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:11:18 PM

Author Topic: CNC Grinder Wizard /Screenset  (Read 14669 times)

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Grinder Wizard /Screenset
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »
I call those my 'Jetson' switches . . LOL!!

Radio Shack. . . . .

They are rated for some stupidly high current like 50 amps or some such nonsense. Being 'Shack items, you would likely never get anywhere near that without fireworks, but I'm switching a few ma at 5V, so I figure they might last a while.

Objective was to get the physically biggest switches that I could find so they would be easy to see and operate with gloves on. Placement on the panel was also driven by that requisite. If you need to shut it off in a hurry, any wild swat at the box will most likely get it done.

No, I did not know I was being watched . . . creepy . . .  LOL!    Have you seen the latest . . . first narrated video. Second 'by request' tutorial style. A bit on the basic side your your level , but you might still drool over the hard tapping . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu61oBY5-rw&list=UU_rIw6ghqt7MQc6v0jGpf-g&index=1&feature=plcp

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »
Yes I saw that VIDEO Nice.

NOPE no drooling here Rigid tapped with Mach3 and servo drive Spindle Many YEARS ago in early testing of mach3 (;-). Where do you think Swapaxis / Unswapaxis  came from (;-)

So the little switch BOOTY came with the switch? Or was that seperate

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
Yes I saw that VIDEO Nice.

NOPE no drooling here Rigid tapped with Mach3 and servo drive Spindle Many YEARS ago in early testing of mach3 (;-). Where do you think Swapaxis / Unswapaxis  came from (;-)

Not a problem . .  I am drooling enough for both of us.  I despise tapping. I have Tapmatic heads and I have built custom floating tap holders. Result; I despise tapping.

Hard tapping is the tip of the iceburg. But it will pay big cash dividends in my case, and that feature alone would make the effort worth while so for the moment, I am enjoying being impaled upon that feature . . . . . however, there are bigger plans afoot.

Swapaxis was a Godsend (a Hoodsend, actually) to my initial work on he 'mini machining center'.  I no longer use it for that,  but it is useful for quickly placing arcs in planes other than XY.

If is was developed specifically for servo driven spindles, I would have to wonder if it would not have been simpler to just make code to run a rotary axis continuously. Swapping only the step/dir signals and not the rest of the params is problematic.

That said . .  I was most happy to have it at the time.

So the little switch BOOTY came with the switch? Or was that seperate

Comes with

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
Y0ur Project is LOOKIN GOOD (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »
can you send me a copy to: jerryscncmachining@gmail.com
thankyou it will be greatly appricated. Jerry Carmack

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »
BR; check out the new 4th axis spindle. It is tagged onto the end of the 'mini machining center thread   . . .  I think it is in a 'projects' category or something like that

jerry57; I do not know if you are talking to me or someone else. If to me, then what is it you want? If not to me then . . .  never mind . . .
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »
So, how far did this project get? I have a Jet 6x18 surface grinder I'd like to at least automate the xy motions on, can't see why z couldn't be automated as well. Just searching for ideas at this point.
Marty
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 06:29:57 PM »
did this ever get completed? I am interested
Thanks
David M.
San jose, CA

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 07:36:17 PM »
did this ever get completed?

Not that I recall,

RICH

The wizard was completed and is used by an  OEM for their grinders.
Thus you will not find anything on it nor is it available for public use.

MODIFIED 11/20/16 by RICH
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:10:22 AM by RICH »