Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:10:48 AM

Author Topic: Question about Microsoft Visual Studio and Mach3  (Read 2022 times)

Question about Microsoft Visual Studio and Mach3
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I was recently looking through the list of programs installed on my computer running Windows XP SP3 and I noticed that I have multiple versions of Microsoft Visual studio installed on my computer (some versions are installed multiple times) according to the control panel. I have downloaded files under Mach3 Programmers SDK at http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/ and am interested in customizing Mach3, writing plugins, designing screens, etc. I know that Visual Studio is required, at least for writing plugins but is it necessary for anything else that I may need to use for customizing the program? After watching the videos about writing plugins, that are also on the machsupport.com site, I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition, as the tutorial suggested but I seem to remember that upon installation of one of the Mach-related programs, or maybe Mach itself, that Visual studio installed itself along with it. I have attached a screenshot of my "Add or Remove Programs" dialog box from my computer and I was hoping that somebody out there could give me some advice on which version(s) I should keep and which of them I can get rid of. Thank you in advance.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Microsoft Visual Studio and Mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:30:15 AM »
Unless you have a desperate need to recover disc space I would be inclined to leave them all in place.

Tweakie.
PEACE