Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:49:18 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and A axis....  (Read 4930 times)

Re: Mach3 and A axis....
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 08:37:05 AM »
I am out in the shop all day and I will set this up on a "test" machine to see if I can actually make it work then pass on the knowledge. This is one of things that I have thought about but have never gotten around to.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
Thanks Mike.....
I have a machine I use in my shop loaded with mach2 that is set up that way.  It's a 3 stepper set up.  X - Y and a spindle.  All 3 steppers are direct connects to the screws.   The spindle is programed just as that and you can even adjust the rpm while the program is running and see the rpm readout on the mach screen.
I've messed with it some more but just can't figure it out.
Unless they did a major change in the way the software works from mach2 to 3 I don't see why it cant be done.
But at this point ......who knows?
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 07:22:57 PM »
I finally was able to get at a machine and try it. I was able to reconfigure one of the axis as spindle and it worked.

I made the changes to your XML and I am attaching it.
Let me know if it works.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 11:01:49 AM »
Hi Mike....
Sounds great...I'll have a look at the xml and let you know if I have any questions.  I'm behind the 8 ball this week with the holiday so it may be a few days before I can do anything.
I greatly appreciate your time and effort.
Regards Dave
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 05:35:15 PM »
Happy Holidays and make sure to spend time with your family working on this problem. ROFLMAO

Mike