Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:59:13 PM

Author Topic: Newbie needs help  (Read 2498 times)

Newbie needs help
« on: October 24, 2016, 10:29:11 AM »
Hello All!
I have been routing about 9 months without any real problems I couldn't figure out. Friday it happened on a VERY simple job. I tried setting up the file all over from scratch today and got the same result. Tried some different CV settings friday with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. these are 5'' squares with 4 round holes in them, It won't make anything correct! I'm thinking something small and stupid, like a setting, but I can't figure it out. You can see I tried changing the way it was routing conventional/climb, just had opposite reaction. Notice how crazy the holes are! 2 are perfectly wrong on each piece and 2 are completely wrong from hole to hole piece to piece.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie needs help
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:45:43 AM »
I think you need to increase the Acceleration and reduce the Velocity in Motor Tuning for both your X and Y axes. To test this try running the same file in Exact Stop mode (Config. / General Copnfig.) and see if the holes are OK.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »
My first guess is something mechanical has worked loose - you now have backlash - the tool is going wherever it wants to.

I would start by going over every coupling, joint, belt, pulley etc to check tightness on the motor or shaft or whatever. It only takes a little slop to make a mess :)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 11:16:51 AM »
I found out watching the last test, that one side of the gantry is dead, the other is just dragging it around. That is the problem!
Thanks guys, sorry to waste your time!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 03:25:35 AM »
You can follow some other methods and make changes in you CV settings. Here we have some better solution. Hope you tried this. As a newbie, I could find some best threads here and I have gotten new knowledge from here.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
What parallel port setting is used for mach3 ?
EEP, ECP, or bidirectional ? on LPT1

thanks