Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:38:23 PM

Author Topic: HOW TO DETECT THAT IS RUNNING MACH3 IN POKEYS57CNC  (Read 11424 times)

Re: HOW TO DETECT THAT IS RUNNING MACH3 IN POKEYS57CNC
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
It works!!!

What does the Fail Safe function actually do? I would like to understand how it works.

Whenever I close Mach3 output 43 remains at 0. Now only need to convert the square wave I receive from Mach3 by 1 to the output of PoKeys57CNC. I would like to do it with the logical blocks of PoBlocks and without having to use more pins (I am running out). Is it possible?
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »
Re: the failsafe.  It will set any pin to a user defined state (high or low) when communication with Mach is lost. 

What you were experiencing was the charge pump going into failsafe setting when Mach was terminated.  I think the default of the Pokeys system is a high level.  By switching the default to low the pulse engine signal will go low when Mach is terminated.

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 06:14:25 PM »
I see the LED I have on output 43 blinking and I measured it with the oscilloscope and it actually receives a pulse every 100 ms (the time I have set in the failsafe) that sets it to 0, but immediately after it is set to 1.

I put a sneak on the LCD to tell me in what state was the "shared output 24". I have noticed that this happens when it stays at 1. If left at 0 the output 43 stays at 0 all the time. :'( :'(