Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:40:36 AM

Author Topic: Removal of SmoothStepper  (Read 4889 times)

Removal of SmoothStepper
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »
Hi all.  I have had some problems with my mill.  To help troubleshoot, I would like to bypass my USB SmoothStepper and run Mach3 from the parallel port of my computer.  I have un-installed the SmoothStepper, and disconnected the USB cable and attached the parallel cable to the computer but Mach3 will not run because it is looking for the SmoothStepper.  How do I get Mach3 to run conventionally?  I am using a G540, and have Mach3 version R3.043.062.
Thanking you in advance,
Steve

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of SmoothStepper
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 01:36:12 AM »
Under Function Cfg’s select Reset Device Sel…
Click OK then restart Mach3
This should then let you select Parallel Port operation (assuming the drivers are installed).
The drivers can be installed by running the DriverTest (from the Mach3 folder) – If DriverTest.exe is not present then you need to re-install Mach3 (make a backup of the existing Mach3 folder first).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 11:18:48 AM »
Thank you.  It was always only a few clicks away - the mystery is solved.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:49:10 AM »
We just did a test of our router on paper (using the word test) and the letters wrote over each other...any ideas what may be wrong?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »
We just did a test of our router on paper (using the word test) and the letters wrote over each other...any ideas what may be wrong?

Try using the Axis Calibration feature Set Steps per Unit (Settings page) to make certain your axes are dimensionally correct.
Check the spacing between characters has been set correctly in whatever software you used to create the Gcode for the word test.

Tweakie.
PEACE