Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:44:45 PM

Author Topic: Moving to a new PC  (Read 4170 times)

Re: Moving to a new PC
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 03:35:59 AM »
It's because all files and folders are in one folder... no DLLs moved to the windows system folders and no registry settings saved.... essentially a stand alone programme all run from one folder
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 03:52:11 AM »
WOW! I thought that nice tidy method of programming died with DOS!

Its how all programs should be made in my view, MAC's used it up to a few years ago but now they spread stuff all over the place.

Nice.

Whether or not the uSB bus is fast enough for the job i don't know but its interesting :)
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 04:40:38 AM »
WOW! I thought that nice tidy method of programming died with DOS!

Its how all programs should be made in my view, MAC's used it up to a few years ago but now they spread stuff all over the place.

Nice.

Whether or not the uSB bus is fast enough for the job i don't know but its interesting :)

Don't forget Mach3 came out a looooong time ago now and was based upon a continuance of code.....

Yes... depends on your usb stick..... + how you are motion controlling too (usb motion controller?).... I'm not sure how much of the programme is loaded and if there is any calls from the files once it's loaded....  (I wouldn't do it but I have a dedicated offline PC with one purpose in life).

I don't "think" it will work with mach4 though..... also if you are running a big g-code file I'm not sure how much use the programme may make of any swap files (or files that act like swap files, that may be in the mach3 programme folder) to buffer motion and look ahead
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”