Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 11:15:20 AM

Author Topic: rebirth  (Read 6606 times)

rebirth
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:55:33 PM »
After seeing this http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=2994.0 I have been inspired to do something for my router. so far it is only the cabinet I found at a friends house. he gave it to me and I hope to clean up my mess some. here are a few pics of it pre birth.

well I will go in in the morning sand blast and paint the box, and in the next few days I will paint and move the controls and pc into this box. I just need the connectors that is all I am lacking in parts.

Hood

Re: rebirth
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:28:13 AM »
Looks like a nice project, keep the pics of your progress coming :D
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:07:38 AM »
This is not going to end well... he got the Idea from Brett!!!! ;)  ;D

That is a good looking router!
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
LOL Brian, we will see. I'm going to try and get to his place before the workshop and share the wealth of chaos I always seem to carry with me. He makes some really nice PC cases. I think hood will like his purpose for the machine. It has to do with overclocking. ;)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Brett the destroyer is decending upon us :D

Yep looked at the cases, very nice.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 07:14:15 PM »
What workshop? thenks on the coments on the cases, it was a dream of mine to do and been doing it for a few years now and loving it.

more pics.
I sand blasted the cabinet but didnt take pics of that. sand blasting puts me in a bad mood.

the cd and hard drive are just set in there until I get my lcd picked back up to see where it needs to be mounted.
I also need to rethink a little on the power supply that came with the router, it looks salvaged from something else (nothing wrong with that it just makes putting it somewhere else hard since it is just so darned long)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
LOL, this work shop.
http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=2326.0

It looks like you are coming along really well. Just remember, the reason mine is so small and tight is because of space. If I had the room, my cabinet would be as big as a bus or the space shuttle even.....................Hm hOOd.  ;D

Brett

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:06:11 PM »
Yea brett I would like this to be bigger. in this case I saw the box sitting there and had an idea and figured I could shoe horn everything in it. I think my only issue would be fitting the power supply in. if I can take it apart and re-arrange it then it will work but if not I will prolly look around for another sometime. but bottom line is it wont stop me from moving forward :)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »
There you go. Have you looked at any toridiol transformers? Also, pmdx makes some nice power conditioners.

Brett

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »
Another thought, I kinda cringe at saying it but, put it outside the cabinet, a lot of heat will go with it. I know a fellow that can make some neat covers out of acrylic.  ;)

Brett