Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:56 PM

Author Topic: Computer Freezing up only running Mach3  (Read 2190 times)

Computer Freezing up only running Mach3
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:22:14 PM »
I set up a dedicated PC for a 3 axis router.  Windows XP,Intel C2D 2.66Ghz, 2GB, 160GB,No internet. Over a year in the build and tinkering stage and the was happy enough to really start to make some things. Till this point I was doing manual input of G-code or files say less than a couple hundred lines. Feeling more comfortable my cut file got much larger. This is when I first started to notice problems, Keyboard freeze, computer freeze, Ghost E-stops are the major things that I remember. I blame it all on the computer and decide to replace it and buy the time I got the bugs out it all the same problems are back within a couple of days trying to run it. I hope someone can point me in a good direction. BTY the original is running fine now that I am not using it on the router.
Hawk 
Re: Computer Freezing up only running Mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:02:19 PM »
Add On... 1-I am using the same XML file on both computers could something be wrong there? 2- I have not noticed this happening when cutting air, only while actually cutting.
Hawk

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:54:23 AM »
So problem happens when only using the router.
Try plugging the router into a different circuit, one which is not part of the circuit used for your pc, power supply, or controller.
Routers emit a lot of noise / EMF.

For starters,

RICH
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:01:03 PM »
Thank You RICH, problem seems to be solved.
Hawk