Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:05:38 AM

Author Topic: Need Help!- DYNA MYTE DM4800C VMC MITSUBISHI MELDAS CONTROLLER  (Read 5991 times)

HALLO! I'm new here in the forum and i write this thread for find some help and info about a DYNA MYTE DM4800C MACHINING CENTER, these are the specifications:

X AXIS.......................:  32"
Y AXIS.......................:  20"
Z AXIS.......................:  20"
TABLE SIZE...................:  47.5" X 25"
MAXIMUM TABLE LOAD...........:  1,100 LBS
SPINDLE DRIVE................:  12 HP CONTINUOUS/ 15 HP 30 MINUTE
RATING
SPINDLE TAPER................:  #40
TOOL CHANGER.................:  24 POSITION BI-DIRECTIONAL
RAPID TRAVERSE RATE..........:  X, Y AND Z  472"/MINUTE
SPINDLE SPEEDS...............:  60 - 6,000 RPM
MACHINE WEIGHT...............:  11,440 LBS

The problem is that I don't have any manual about it and the machine is very old that I haven't found anything in Internet. Please, somebody help me D:

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help!- DYNA MYTE DM4800C VMC MITSUBISHI MELDAS CONTROLLER
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:49:53 AM »
This thread may be of interest; http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=19480.0

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »
Thanks for your help, Tweakie. But I'd already read that post before. I was looking for something more specific info about instructions, manuals, price, etc.
I want to retrofit that machine but i don't knwo how begin :/

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:43:59 PM »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
If intending to use the existing servo motors and drives then likely the drives will be analogue command (+/- 10v) and if so then you will need to use one of the controllers capable of outputting an analogue command.
The one I use is the CSMIO/IP-A and the others are DSPMC, Kflop with Kanalog and Galil.

Hood

Offline A1CNC

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:24:13 AM »
From your pictures I see that has a mitsubishi control. Probably the meldas 520.

In my opinion from having a machine with the 520 control, I think you would be ahead of the game to use the existing control and make parts instead of re-inventing the wheel.

If you don't know where to begin there's a good chance a project like this is over your head right now. No offense intended.

If there is something wrong with the machines control, Mitsubishi has been very helpful to me troubleshooting.

https://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en
Try here for manuals/ info

From your pictures that looks like a decent shape machine I wouldn't mind having and using as is
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »
The one I use is the CSMIO/IP-A and the others are DSPMC, Kflop with Kanalog and Gali

Hello, thank you Hood for your help, but my Boss told me that it would be better replace all the MELDAS controller and search info about the package of one controller (with software and all) of any brand for upgrade the machine.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 05:05:18 PM »

In my opinion from having a machine with the 520 control, I think you would be ahead of the game to use the existing control and make parts instead of re-inventing the wheel.

If you don't know where to begin there's a good chance a project like this is over your head right now. No offense intended.

From your pictures that looks like a decent shape machine I wouldn't mind having and using as is

Thank you A1CNC, I'd rather upgrade the MELDAS 520 controller because is too old and i don't find any info even in https://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en

Why would offend me? The opposite I gratefull for have time to reply my post and indeed, which it is the project that you mentioned before. Because I have read this post http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=19480.0
And is ok but it seems to be a post created by people with lots of experience to other people with lots of experience upgrating CNC. And there are some many things that i don't get it as well, even I've not finished reading the post :/
First i need to know option for replace the MELDAS and the MACH3 is a good option, but i need to compare wiht other brands to do my report for my boss choose which he thinks best.

But thank you very much, other thing the picture that I posted are someones that i find in internet, i had problems to attached the originals