Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:26:33 AM

Author Topic: Configuraton not saved  (Read 3187 times)

Configuraton not saved
« on: May 27, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »
Hi,
I just installed the Mach-3 2.0.0065 software and the software runs and I can control the mill so everything appears to function.

After making configuration changes it appears that they are not saved because when I restart the program it is back
 to the default values.  I have not seen any option or requirement to save the changes but I might be overlooking the obvious.

I am using Windows-XP with latest service packs.  How do I fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Bertho
Re: Configuraton not saved
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 10:48:36 PM »
What setting?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:38:37 PM »
Thanks Brian for answering my questions!
I have spent too many hours on this but finally figured out what is going on.
I installed Mach-3 from the CD that I received with the Taig Mill and followed the setup procedures.
It turns out that the installation program set the configuration file as read only.

The second problem was that the configuration program used a screen called “MPS1024E.set” and it has the font problem.   
I found a configuration file named “1024.set” and it appears to be OK and I have done some simple milling so things are looking up. 
I do not know why the mill was not shipped with the proper configuration files and they have been closed over the weekend.

I found a new problem, presumably operator error this time:
I like to use metric so I changed the initial setup to mm.  Should not the jog distance now mean "1" unit will move 1mm.  It does not, it still moves 1 inch.

I have been running a little engraving file TextDemo.tap" and it engraves in inch units.  Adding G21 to change to mm has no effect.
What am I missing?
Bertho

Hood

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 02:13:56 AM »
You will need to retune your motor and set up your steps per unit to reflect mm rather than inches, eg if it was 10,000 steps per unit (inch) then you will need to divide this figure by 25.4 to move only 1mm.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »
Yes, you need to rest your motor steps per unit, accel and Vel settings. also please select the units that you are going to set the machine up with under Config/Units

That should get you what you need.
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com