Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:57:27 PM

Author Topic: DaztheGaz XBOX 360 Lua bug/error  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Rimmel

•  208 208
    • View Profile
DaztheGaz XBOX 360 Lua bug/error
« on: June 18, 2022, 05:51:05 AM »
Trying to get the DaztheGaz XBox360 lua working on my Miller/Registered Mach4 system and for the most part it works fine.

However when I use the DaztheGaz XBOX 360 Lua plugin the controller randomly buzzes/vibrates. It doesn't seem to do it in any patterns but every second or so it vibrates for no apparent reason. This is WITHOUT adding a simple line of Lua scripting. Just plugging the controller in and activating the plugin.

I have tried a few different versions and they are the same... BUT the original XBOX controller plugin that comes bundled with Mach does not.

Anyone else had this problem? It looks to me like the plugin is polling the rumble feature of the controller causing it to vibrate (????) It may be because the plugin was developed on Win10 and I am using Win7. (or something like that)

Any help appreciated.

PS has anyone got a sample base code/snippet for reading inputs from controllers? I tried private messaging to usual suspects but never got a reply.

thanks again

Offline Rimmel

•  208 208
    • View Profile
Re: DaztheGaz XBOX 360 Lua bug/error
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 07:05:56 AM »
Just to confirm - I tried this on 2 different machines. One un-licensed using the simulator and the other on the miller Licensed with ESS.

Both the same, the rumble is randomly but consistently active on the DaztheGaz XBOX 360 Lua version. But fine on the version supplied with Mach4 (non Lua).

thanks