Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:04:02 AM

Author Topic: Mach3, Leadshine MX4660, UC100 CNC motion controller and problems with Auto Zero  (Read 8636 times)

proximity sensors can be a PIA sometimes as they have a leakage current, and if you common them up, the leakage current will get greater to the point that it may appear as if the pin has changed state (or is not changing state)...... although prox sensors are not your initial problem, and the probe input is.

are you sure its not some sort of a ground loop issue? what happens if you unplug the leadshine drive at the DB25 connector?
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
[quote author=robertspark link=topic=33086.msg229828#msg229828 date=1471371535}....
are you sure its not some sort of a ground loop issue? what happens if you unplug the leadshine drive at the DB25 connector?
[/quote]

I actually unpluged  the UC100 which caused the E-Stop light up... no change in these little yellow squares from Pin 10 to 13....  ??? I would assume that they should not light up anymore since now there shouldn't be a signal.  ???

I tried to upload the XML file but this doesn't work....

thanks
Chris
You will need to change your profile XML filename to somethimg unique.... like pilotarix1.xml and it will upload

Can't have two files the same uploaded onto the forum

Are you using the latest plugin from cnc motion website for the uc100?

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
OK I got some more information or better suggestions how to encircle the problem.

I unpluged the UC100 motion controller from the MX4660 and used a short thin wire to connect PIN 13 to Ground, guess what happen... the yellow light went out. I checked on the other PINs 10 -12, same effect, the UC100 appears to work.

However, that leaves me with the question, how to proceed?
I mean how can I check,  better make sure that the MX4660 is really the problem. If this would be the case, I would buy a new one and since they are not really inexpensive I would like to be sure.

And ... I did load the newest software version from the CNC motion website and attached the XML file to this post.

Thanks
Chris

OK I found the solution.
Looking closer to input4 and the manual again I figured that there is no power...I found another thread on the XZero forum where somebody showed his way to wire proximity switches. Long story short, you have to bridge power from +V12 VDCout to the optocoupler, then it works.
Easy ... HaHaHa... ::)

Anyhow problem solved, thanks for your input and help!