Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:46:36 AM

Author Topic: New USB CNC board troubels  (Read 7320 times)

New USB CNC board troubels
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Axis-USB-CNC-Card-Controller-Interface-Board-USBCNC-Replaceable-MACH3-DIY-NEW-/191616515484?hash=item2c9d3bfd9c:g:zzcAAOSwT6pVkhgm

I have a shark pro which belongs to a 84 year old friend of mine. The control box went out and NW was going to charge him $500 for a new box. We decided to build one with the above board and 3 20KHZ-CNC-Single-Axis-TB6600-2-4-Phase-Hybrid-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Controller-DC. I have all hooked up and go to mach4 hobby to do the setup and there is no motion controller / driver listed for this board. I have been searching all over the web for a file or so help in setting this board up to work with Mach4. Is there anyone that has ever use this board or anyone that might be able to help me in getting it setup and running again.  What driver/xml file do I need to run this on mach 4.

Thank You in advance
BPauley
Re: New USB CNC board troubels
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:21:46 PM »
Not sure I will be of any help, but I just thought it interesting that I had looked at that board just the other day in my search for a MC that has built-in 0-10V output for spindle speed control.  It looks like that board is designed for Mach3 and probably includes a plug-in to run it.  However, I do not believe that Mach3 plug-ins work in Mach4 and there may not be any available for Mach4 at this time.  This is not a driver or .xml file.  It is a module that essentially becomes part of the Mach3 software and provides the communication path to the control box through the USB.  There are Mach4 specific products out there but it doesn't look like this is one of them, sorry to say.  Unfortunately there a fundamental differences between Mach3 and Mach4 due to what appears to be a complete redesign of the core architecture of the software so you definitely need to either revert to Mach3 to use this board or find a different board that is Mach4 compatible.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »
That is the trouble I am having. I have mach 3 and 4 downloaded but I have no motion contorler  to drive either. I cant find one on the web I have searched for 1 1/2 months that is why I have come on here looking for advice.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:50:19 AM »
There are a number of different motion controllers available which will operate with both Mach3 and Mach4.
If it's any help, I am using the ESS  http://www.warp9td.com/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »
All the parts are in for the control box build. I have it all put together and have a problem. I can only get all three axis to move one direction. I am stumped. hooked everything up the way the board told me to, set up the ports and pins how i was told to by the board, installed the uc100 software. Im at my wits end working on this box has me wanting to pull all my hair out.
The following is a list of the items i am using on the control box build
5 Axis CNC Breakout Board for Stepper Motor Driver with DB25 Cable
http://www.thanksbuyer.com/cnc-single-axis-tb6600-0-2-5a-two-phase-hybrid-stepper-motor-driver-controller-24891
uc 100 adapter and software.
 Not sure what trouble is if anyone has even had this trouble I would appreciate the help in getting it back to making sawdust and wood chips.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
Im at my wits end working on this box has me wanting to pull all my hair out.

I usually don't bother replying to any post relative to the Chinese controllers, sorry to hear  your at wits end,
would suggest similar to Tweakie............ just buy a controller that is known to work with Mach 3 or 4 (without all the BS!).
Maybe someone will chime in to help you, if not, surely  the vendor that sold it to you should have a simple answer.

RICH

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 01:30:41 AM »
Under ports and pins,
change the Motor outputs 'direction low active' settings and see if the direction changes.
It will probably still only go one way but it will help narrow down the problem area.

There should be connections between your breakout board and the stepper drives. One pin for pulse and another for direction.
If you have any test gear, you can monitor the direction pin and see if it changes.

I admit to having a cheap Chinese controller but it was all assembled and working so I haven't had to delve too deeply (yet)
The one thing I do know is 'they are all different'.

Jim