Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:06:25 PM

Author Topic: machine homes by itself while machining  (Read 2038 times)

machine homes by itself while machining
« on: August 13, 2016, 02:30:54 AM »
I've cut hundreds of parts with this machine and recently it started homing X and Y (machine coordinates, not standard) while I'm in the middle of a program.  It always happens while it's down in a part, all of a sudden hard Y zero to X zero, it could be minutes or hours.  Sometimes it will throw an e-stop and other times it will just stop without an e-stop and resumes fine on cycle start.  I've tried two PC's and both do the same.  I upped the debounce to 4000 and it seems better. If I set the e-stop to Active Slow, the e-stop stops working on my X-Box remote.  All the wiring is shielded.  I just rerouted the ethernet cable and it didn't do it in 2 hrs of machining but I can't be sure yet.  Earlier today it went 6 hours without an issue and decided to go home, machine coordinates, not standard.  All unnecessary processes and services are stopped.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: machine homes by itself while machining
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 03:05:11 AM »
I thought homing was blocked on Mach while running code?

Anyways, do you have a button on your controller mapped to Ref All ?? If so it could just be a short in the wiring of the controller - cable failing somewhere.

Maybe try running with X-Box unplugged.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 03:26:11 AM »
Only X, Y, Z and estop are mapped. However yes, I'll try tomorrow with the X-Box remote removed.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 11:40:44 AM »
Several changes to debounce and other options did not seem to resolve the issue until I rerouted the CAT5 cable away from two power bricks, a surge protector and out of the counduit holding all the motor and proximity sensors.  may have been a combination of all, I'm not sure at this point.  I was going to unplug the Xbox remote but noticed it's batteries were corroded.  I cleaned it out, replaced the batteries and all seems to be well.  I machined for almost 24 hours this past weekend and no issues.  Thank you for your time.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »
Excellent stuff, never a good idea to route signal wires in with power wires.
Maybe worth getting a shielded cat cable.