Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:23:48 AM

Author Topic: Trouble installing Mach3 License on windows 10 laptop?  (Read 3125 times)

Trouble installing Mach3 License on windows 10 laptop?
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
Hi,

My name is Chris i'm from Covington, Louisiana i just got a used laptop from a friends roomate who wiped it clean and added
Windows 10, I told him i wanted a computer that i could run Mach3 sheetcamTng, and autocad. Laptop is a Lenovo T420S 8 ram and a 128 SSD card i think he said.
I cant get the mach3 to load as a license it keeps saying demo. I'm not good with computers so please bare with me i'm learning.
Friend of mine passed away in April and he and another friend built a cnc plasma from scratch and well the older friend is a machinist and fabricator he doesnt know computers so i am doing my best to learn and then teach him.
This thing is a full turn key operation, i wanted this laptop so i could learn autocadLT then sheetcam then mach3, when i know
It works from home then i can load it into the machine. I know there are many other programs out there Nd well my friend must have used these because they work. I just need to get this Mach3 license goibg and then l'm set. Any advice would be greatly appreciated i'm at a loss right now. I emailed airsoft about it and still waiting for a reply and just found the forum here.

Thanks
Chris
Re: Trouble installing Mach3 License on windows 10 laptop?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »
The Mach3 Loader simply installs the controller software.  A seperate license file is needed to get it out of the "Demo" mode.  Do you have such a license file?  Where was it purchased from?

Generally, you just copy this license file into the Mach3 directory.  Once done, start up Mach3 and in the Help | About Mach3 CNC Controller... window you should see "Licensed to: " and an entry showing your name.

That should do it for you.  If you have not purchased a license or have lost your original, contact ArtSoft or the vendor you purchased your license from originally to obtain a new/replacement license file.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 03:26:40 PM »
I purchased a license from airsoft and someone from cnc group on facebook walked me through it over the phone and we got it to come up saying mach3 loader but it is still saying the demo version, so i guess when i get home from work i will try deleti g it all and starting from scratch and see if it will work ??

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 03:36:05 PM »
IF you plan on using the parallel port, it won't work in Windows 10.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
What is parallel ports?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 06:43:55 AM »
Don't know how but i got the license to upload.

Chris