Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:44:26 PM

Author Topic: calibrate mach3 to the vfd or the vfd to mach  (Read 7720 times)

Re: calibrate mach3 to the vfd or the vfd to mach
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »
ThanDavek0974. So when using those settings in the mach 3 MDI Screen/Tab what does this do for me? Will that then make it work for the speed/RPM and show it correctly when clicking on the + or - Buttons for speeding the spindle up or slowing it down with accurate RPM's being shown. This is my goal to have this work. For example, if when it is carving a part on different material I can then adjust the Spindle Speed on the fly for experimental purposes and the Feedrates to mark them down to get the best cut if that makes sense. So in reality I am wanting to get the RPM of the Spindle synced/calibrated to show the same RPM on the VFD and in Mach 3 to be the same or close. Thanks for the help and I do hope this makes sense. Let me know if you think this is possible with this machine and setup.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 10:55:35 AM »
You said earlier that pressing +/- did make the speed change just did it slowly???

Is that the case?

If yes them Mach IS controlling your speed, its just not set right, if NO then you have more work to i'm afraid.

All my code will (should) do is to start your spindle and send it to max speed, nothing else, just wanted to gain an idea of your spine speed control ramp-up setting.
The last bit of code should simply turn the spindle off.
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »
Yes Davek0974 I also have a USB Controller and when I click the + or - Buttons it takes about 5 to 10 times to have the spindle speed change on the VFD and in Mach 3 where is says RPM it stays at 0 but the other two show it showed down if that makes sense. Not sure why it does not work more accurately or what I am setting wrong. So when you say Mach 3 is controlling the speed it is just not set right then what do I need to do to get it right. Like I said when I click on the + or - button it is not an immediate thing and takes a few times clicking to see any result if that also helps.