Third party software and hardware support forums. > LazyTurn

Mach3 work with a Gerber Sabre 408 router Table

(1/1)

tmorgan:
I was wondering if anyone on here knows whether or not after Mach3 is install on PC can it be connected to a Gerber Sabre 408? The Gerber Sabre does read g-code, Cause I already have Artcam Express Software installed on the PC. and it is connect to the parallel port going to the electrical cabinet of the machine. But I want to install Mach3 as well to be able to send other jobs done on other 3d modeling software

RICH:

--- Quote ---From Gerber Manual:

G Codes, which are interpreted by the G Code feature (Requires the use of
Hyperterminal and the assistance of a Gerber technician.)
--- End quote ---

Note that there are different dialects of gcode, additional commands etc  for controllers. Not sure if how the Gerber controller would interpret them.

--- Quote ---can it be connected to a Gerber Sabre 408?
--- End quote ---

I assume what you are asking is ..... Can you use Mach as the controller for the router?
Mach would need to be configured correctly for the router.

RICH

tmorgan:
Thanks Rich Any suggestion on who would be the best in assisting me in that process? Gerber or does Mach have a technical support team?

RICH:
This forum can help you, I personally am not familiar with the Gerber machine.
You want to be able to control the machine using two different controllers.
So you need to understand both controllers. I know nothing about Gerbers.........also have no desire to search for the correct manuals / information.

So I would suggest you have a look at the available Mach videos, manuals, etc to get a flavor of Mach software.

To configure Mach you need to provide detailed information about your machine.
- Drives, motors, sensors, etc
- Mechanical aspects of how the axis is driven,
- Spindle info and how controlled / wired

Mach uses the configuration for control basics, inputs  / outputs, etc. and quite configurable.

Post all info and review for completeness before posting. You will get a better response if folks don't have to do any leg work.

RICH  

tmorgan:
ok thank you Rich we'll do

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version