Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:07:24 AM

Author Topic: New touch module in the pre release  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
New touch module in the pre release
« on: July 03, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »
Help

I have a ESS /c25 setup and the latest ESS plugin ver 186

This is with Mach ver 3116

Ok the problem is that I cannot resolve the operation of the z only lower right hand corner of the module

I load up a tool (wooden 3 mm dowel cheaper that Em or probe tips ) my toolsetter is a swith type and is 23 mm high

So I jog down to a suitable distance to probe from set Z zero in work coords , then let the touch rip it probes ok but the DRO for Z is -137mm Machine coords read 107.xx at this time

I would have expected a + of about 23  so a G0 Z0 MDI would have made the tip to be at Work 0

I must be doing something wrong , but the fine centre circle seems a bit iffy

The normal probing screen also misbehaves with routines getting to the end probe and failing with no probe contact

Stuart

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: New touch module in the pre release
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
Well spent all day and still cannot sort it out, it is just not repeating

Ahh well back to gauge blocks until its sorted

Stuart
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »
also have weird issues with the new "touch" module. It is just not consistent. Sometimes it works, other times it just keeps driving through the touch plate. Clicking the X finder, my Z axis moves. Sometimes it stops dead when it touches the probe contact and does not retract with an error "Cannot transition from MDI to stop" or something like that. Just all over the place.

I am sure Mach4 has been in development for quite some time now, why does all these bugs still exist? I never had these issues with Mach3. Disappointing really. I never know when I am going to break a tool or drive a hole in my touch plate.

I will have to go back to my own scripts for now, at least they worked relatively well, although not completely without issues either.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
Thanks

Glad its just not me

I have played with it some more I can now get it to measure the TLO OK ish

Burt one serious draw back is that if you use it with before you run some gcode it leave the FXX set for a probe and will not do a G0 in the program

Stuart