Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 01:01:02 AM

Author Topic: does not get PoKeys57CNC running with Mach3 plugin  (Read 11855 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: does not get PoKeys57CNC running with Mach3 plugin
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 03:34:02 AM »
that looks correct it does that every time you go in and out of the pulse engine it's locked and you have to untick lock settings every time. I will have a look tomorrow.

NeoTO hopefully will see this soon

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 11:45:07 PM »
Note that this is not official PoLabs support forum. We have a ticketing system for support, available via our homepage.

Anyway, did you follow the instructions in the 'PoKeys Pulse engine v2 and Mach3 plugin manual (6.3.2016).pdf' (https://www.poscope.com/index.php?route=product/product/download&download_id=83&product_id=87) ?

Only kbd48CNC keyboard is configured in PoKeys application, nothing else. PoKeys application may be used for testing, but not for configuration. We have no reference to using PoKeys application in the Mach3 plugin manual.
That said, all configuration of the PoKeys device in Mach3 is done via extensive PoKeys Mach3 plugin settings. You don't need to check or change anything using PoKeys application (don't forget to close it before starting Mach3!).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »
Anyway, did you follow the instructions in the 'PoKeys Pulse engine v2 and Mach3 plugin manual (6.3.2016).pdf' (https://www.poscope.com/index.php?route=product/product/download&download_id=83&product_id=87) ?
Yes, I did.
Only kbd48CNC keyboard is configured in PoKeys application, nothing else. PoKeys application may be used for testing, but not for configuration. We have no reference to using PoKeys application in the Mach3 plugin manual.
That's right. The only thing you do is confusing your customers with a choice "start PoKeys application" at the end of the Mach3 plugin installation package.

At this point I would like to make a wish: please make a new documentation for your top-of-the-line-product PoKeys57CNC. Your customers have to grab single informations from different documents and no one really fits to the Pokeys57CNC. From my point of view this is definitely not user friendly.

Anyway. I have the solution. It is the combination of Windows10 (32Bit), Mach3 and the PoKeys plugin. In this combination you can follow any step of the manuals, but after restarting M3 the dialog box does not appear where you can choose between parallel port or PoKeys. It seems, that Mach3 does not recognize that there is another motion control hardware, even if the plugin is activated and configured.
With Windows7 32 Bit anything works fine without a problem.

Best regards,

Holger

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »
Hi, Holger

We are preparing the instructional page on how to setup the PoKeys57CNC from unboxing to moving motors, but we are focusing on Mach4 first. We will be updating the manuals on Mach3 also soon.

The Windows 10 is a bit special and we are looking for the best way to install PoKeys on Windows 10. To aid developers around the world, we are still using .NET 3.5, which does not come pre-installed on Windows 10. Even worse, Microsoft does not provide an installation file for it, instead, it must be installed as a Windows component in the Add/Remove programs dialog. As said, we are looking for a best way to solve this and will provide clear and simple instructions on how to proceed.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 12:31:52 AM »
that will be why it did not work I added .net 3.5 for another program to work, drillmaster everything you did was correct you just had a missing dependency 

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »
The .NET 3.5 is needed during the setup to register the communication library for PoKeys device that Mach3 uses. After installing .NET 3.5, you should re-run the setup to install it properly.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 01:06:56 AM »
drillmaster ended up doing it correctly with having everything connected powering up running pokeys testing in the pules engine then firing up Mach3 bring up pokeys config and what was connected was there, just .NET 3.5 was missing.

it's easy to set up but not many boards are plug and play like the 57cnc so when people go to connect it up they are getting confused as they don't know to just connect it up and power it up and run the programs.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 01:53:17 AM »
We at least updated the product homepage with links to related blog posts.

All information should now be available directly at https://www.poscope.com/PoKeys57CNC.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 05:00:08 AM »
I think M4 is close to being good.

but if someone has this problems and has a search they will find this and know what to do
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 08:38:15 AM »
I think M4 is close to being good.
I agree... but 200$ is much money for a replacement. I don't know if its really worth it because of a still well working M3.