Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:15:08 AM

Author Topic: MW Hole Circle - angles not saving  (Read 4788 times)

MW Hole Circle - angles not saving
« on: August 07, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »
Dear Sirs,

Recently purchased Mill Wizard and am brand new to CNC - please be patient and use small words.  Using licensed Mach3 & MillWizard 2.0.4, latest D/L from the Mach site.

Problem I'm encountering is that when I compile a list of jobs (job setup, tool change, bolt circle, then line of holes), some of the settings in previous steps change. For example:

(1"Tm x 6" x 7.75" aluminum stock, held in vise w/6" in Y)
1. Surface stock.  Nothing interesting, saves and tool path appears fine.
2. Tool change to spot drill
3. Hole circle with 4 holes, 5.875 O/C (Nema 145 motor mount), and set the start angle to 45. Set X & Y to center of my stock (X3.875 Y3.000).  Drill cycle, depth, etc. as appropriate.  Save, and tool path appears fine.
(no tool change)
4. Hole line of 2 holes, set the start point at X0.375 Y0.375 and set the distance between holes.  Same cycle & depth, save.
5. Hole line of 2 holes, same as above but offset to xX0.375 Y5.625.  Save.

Problem emerges:
1. If I open/edit the hole circle, the start angle has changed to some random angle (0.785 or 0.0137 degrees?).  I can change it back to 45, but every time I open that operation it reverts to some strange angle.  If I save without changing it, the tool path changes to match the wonky angles.

I've posted the .job file, but it just has the correct angle saved.  Would it be helpful for me to save a version with the buggered hole circle angles?

This feels like a bug, or maybe my computer, but I'm new enough at this to realize that I'm probably missing something.

Thanks,
Spumco
Re: MW Hole Circle - angles not saving
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 01:49:40 PM »
yes, it is a bug. I can repeat it. The Start Angle value is not saved correctly to the job file. Interesting it is saved correctly to the ini file so the next time you use a hole circle it will have the correct value, its just wrong when loaded from a job file. I don't see the problem yet, but I will find it and fix it. I don't know when we will release a new version, but it will get there.
Re: MW Hole Circle - angles not saving
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:37:27 PM »
Thanks much for the response.

Not a total show-stopper, but it's irritating.  Looking forward to an update.

Regards,
Spumco