Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:32:28 PM

Author Topic: Novice to Mach3, may be asking too much??  (Read 19066 times)

Re: Novice to Mach3, may be asking too much??
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 08:09:50 AM »
I could be interested if the price is right. Any other details available, so I could google a spec on them?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
Is it the Lenze ones you mean?
This is the ones I saw on eBay, they are just smaller versions of the drives/motors I have on the Chiron.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Berger-Lahr-CPD1702F10S1-AC-servo-driver-servomotor-0-6-Kw-10V-or-Mach3-/302007823337?hash=item465111abe9:g:RrsAAOSw9N1VvdVW

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »
The Lenze are
Drive, EVS9322-ES
Motor MDSKABS056

Hood
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »
Update:
Hope to post some pictures this week, haven't been able to off the iPad.
Got the old pc hardware and boards out of the cabinet, mounted DIN rail and fitted the new CS LABS gear in. 24v dc power supply sorted and bridged to all the modules.
Ran out of time to do any more, but was able to connect up the existing 1250PPR encoder and test feedback.
It's on a 1:1 ratio drive from the spindle with A,B,I +/- signals. Set the plugin to 5000 pulses and achieved correct positioning angle and rpm.

:-)
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2016, 05:21:23 PM »
Spent the evening formulating a plan for integrating existing buttons and switches on the lathe but am I missing something?
I expected to be able to nominate an input #5 eg door unlock command and link it to an output, say #5, but is this simplified approach possible or does there need to be VB script?
How do you define what OEM triggers do?
I have the module for the CS MPG,  so that takes care of using those manual functions, but say I had a push button to turn coolant on. Does it need to be continually high to latch and output on, is there provision for seeing a momentary push signal.
I'm used to FANUC with PMC ladder programs. Does mach3 require VB programming for all the suggested above, in light of no sequence program.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2016, 05:38:34 PM »
I expected to be able to nominate an input #5 eg door unlock command and link it to an output, say #5, but is this simplified approach possible or does there need to be VB script?

Not really sure what you are meaning here, can you explain further?

How do you define what OEM triggers do?

You can enter the port and pin number of the input against the OEM trigger in Ports and Pins/Inputs. You can then go to Config menu and System Hotkeys and enter the OEM code for the function you want in the box beside the oem trigger you have used.

I have the module for the CS MPG,  so that takes care of using those manual functions, but say I had a push button to turn coolant on. Does it need to be continually high to latch and output on, is there provision for seeing a momentary push signal.
I'm used to FANUC with PMC ladder programs. Does mach3 require VB programming for all the suggested above, in light of no sequence program.

Momentary buttons are just needed for most things in Mach, for coolant you can set it up a few ways, one way is to go to ports and pins, spindle setup and enable coolant and enter the Input you will use against Flood, then in ports and pins Inputs page enter the port and pin number you have the switch connected to.

Lots of other ways to get things done, you can use the Inputs/OEM Triggers way, you can use Brains, you can use the MacroPump, the latter requires VB but for things such as buttons it is very basic and is the way I prefer to do things and I am crap at VB :)

The CSMIO controllers have an inbuilt modbus so it allows you to access all the I/O via Brains or VB.

Hood
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2016, 04:51:30 AM »
thanks hood I see the software is fairly extensive to say the least!!
would you mind working through an example with me?
lets say I use OEM trigger #1 for a panel mounted N/O push switch with lamp for Feed Hold.
How do I find the Hot key code being used for feed hold already?
or do I create my own code, say 'alt F' (2150) and then assign that code to feed hold command?
once there is and external switch activating feed hold, can an output be linked to it to illuminate the switch lamp?
sorry if this is all fairly elementary, but I racked my brains navigating the software, probably not realizing how it all interacts.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2016, 05:33:36 AM »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »
thanks hood I see the software is fairly extensive to say the least!!
would you mind working through an example with me?
lets say I use OEM trigger #1 for a panel mounted N/O push switch with lamp for Feed Hold.
How do I find the Hot key code being used for feed hold already?
or do I create my own code, say 'alt F' (2150) and then assign that code to feed hold command?
once there is and external switch activating feed hold, can an output be linked to it to illuminate the switch lamp?
sorry if this is all fairly elementary, but I racked my brains navigating the software, probably not realizing how it all interacts.

Hot Keys and OEM Codes are different things, Hot Keys are aissigned in the screenset and were basically a way to use a keyboard key as a shortcut to operate a button, for example feed hold or start or whatever. They were handy back in the days of people only having the option of the parallel port and thus limited available I/O.
I personally dislike using hotkeys as there is always the potential to press a keyboard key by mistake and the machine will start to do something. Previously I used HotKeys with a keyboard emulator to add buttons to my panels but as said these days are gone now as there are plenty of ways to get real digital I/O into Mach nowadays.

Ok OEM codes are the codes that are internally assigned in Mach for different buttons, LEDs, DROs etc. You can use them via VB Code, Brains or the OEM Triggers.
Dave has linked to the Wiki page of the OEMs, there is also a xls file pinned near the top of the forum that I made from the wiki, it allows you to have it on your computer for reference without requiring to visit the wiki.

Now your example, personally I would do it via the macropump or possibly a Brain, both would use the inbuilt modbus of the CSMIO controller.

So say for example your button is on Input 5 of the main IP-A and the output (for the LED) is again on the main IP-A and is output 5.
In the macropump you could have something like this

If GetInBit(90,5) Then               ' Input on IP-A that switch is connected to
DoOemButton(1001)                  'OEM Code for FeedHold (Pause in wiki)
End If

If GetOemLED (805) Then         'OEM code for Pause LED
SetOutBit(90,5)                       'Turn on Output on IP-A that the LED is connected to
Else
ReSetOutBit(90,5)                    'Turn Off the output on IP-A that the LED is connected to
End If

To use the macropump you first need to enable in General Config page. You can go to Operator menu then Edit VB Script. The Editor will open and you can type in your VB and then save it as macropump.m1s, saving it to the macro folder of the profile you are using.
The macropump loads with Mach so you need to restart Mach everytime you alter the macropump.

In a Brain you could do similar, it is a kind of simple ladder and works well, just do not make it too long as it will be a nightmare to read and edit later on as it doesnt size very well. You can only have one macropump per profile but you can have as many Brains as you wish and thus it is much better to have 20 small brains than one big one, mainly for the reason mentioned above.

I will attach  a Brain doing the same as the macropump above in a wee while.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »
Ok I am at home so unable to test this but I think this is the way you set up the CSMIO's modbus I/O in a Brain, see pic and also attached Brain.
If you save the Brain to the Brains folder in Mach3 folder you can then go to Operator menu and Brain Control, you should see it there, you can then click on it then tick to enable it then press Reload and it should now be working, you can also click on it in the list and click View Brain and you can watch to see if it is working as you press the button.
If the Brain is not in the list you can press Reload All Brains and it should appear.

When making a brain make sure you do not have any spaces in the name or it will likely cause issues.

To make a Brain you go from Operator Menu to  Brain Editor, just click cancel at the popup screen and the Brain Editor will open, do what you want then Save As and enter a name for it and make sure it is saved to the Brains folder. You can then load it from the  Brain Control option as mentioned previously.

Hood