Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:46:08 AM

Author Topic: Something bad changed  (Read 2059 times)

Something bad changed
« on: June 28, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
Hi All.

I have successfully engraved a variety of  sample fonts in linear and arced patterns, and was ready to engrave a logo on the peg head of a banjo I just put together. Luckily, I first did a test run on a piece of scrap plastic first. Well , the spindle took off in unexpected directions carving so deeply into the work it snapped the cutter off. I was able to hit the E-Stop before it reached the table.

I have been unable to get the machine to engrave properly since.  I don't know what I might have changed on the control settings to cause this reaction or how to get back to where I was when I first started.

The engraver is one of the better 6040 Chinese engraving machines on E Bay.  

Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

Bruce

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Something bad changed
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:03:14 AM »
Assuming your machine was working correctly then it could be that, somehow, you now have a corrupt .xml file or have changed some settings somewhere.
To cater for such an event Mach3 saves the last 21 of it’s previous configurations (settings) in the xmlbackups folder.
Click Operator / Restore Settings and follow the onscreen instructions to load a previous (hopefully before the problem occurred) set-up and see how it goes.

Tweakie.
PEACE