Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:26:48 PM

Author Topic: Odd spacebar behavior?  (Read 5235 times)

Odd spacebar behavior?
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:59:18 PM »
Has anyone experienced any issues with their space bar not working as feedhold but instead bringing focus to the Gcode window?  I am using Mach 2.0.065 with XP Pro.  This almost has to be a windows issue or perhaps a keyboard driver.  I copied my xml and screen set files to another pc running mach and the problem is not there.  I have aslo reinstalled mach from scratch.  If I check the scan code the space bar is 32 and it does work in other applications.  I have tried several keybaords and get the same results. When the spacebar is depressed the Gcode window gets highlighted and no feedhold.

Any Ideas?

Thanx CB

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Odd spacebar behavior?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »
Hey Chris,
     I haven't seen that one yet. Can you post your XML and screen set?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:11:11 AM »
I am out on the road today but after I get back I will have a look
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
Brett, I don't think the problem resides with mach at all but here are my XMl and screen set files.  The problem started when I switched to a usb keyboard and mouse with PS2 adapters instead of the old straight ps2 keyboard and mouse.  No big problem I can select another key for feed hold but I think a re-load of windows may be on order.  Or perhaps I can uninstall the keyboard and mouse drivers.  Its just weird that if I set a hotkey in Screen4 and press the spacebar the scan code 32 is set, but when in mach if I press the space bar the Gcode window gets highlited.  If I clear the hotkey for feed hold on the main screen and press the spacebar in mach the Gcode window still gets highlited.

Thanks,

CB
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »
Problem Solved.......... I just left Brett's and he informed me that under the system hotkeys setup screen the scan code for "code list" cannot be the same as feedhold....Apparently having the spacebar as a hotkey for the code list window and feedhold does not work. No, all kidding aside that was not the intention, I must have at some point clicked the "code list" button and then tapped the spacebar to check to keyboard scan code for the spacebar and left it there.  I also was mistakenly referring to the "code list" window as the Gcode window.  Duh I never drew the conclusion that the 2 were the same. Also the XML I checked on the other computer was indeed not the same as the one I was currently running that had the problem with so the problem did follow my Xml file.

2 very important lessons here: 1) pay close attention to what you are screwing with even seemingly small changes you may not even remember doing still have an effect.  2) keep your backed up files sorted out, I apparently had several copies of my xml all named the same thing some with changes and some without, so good housekeeping when it comes to file management is essential. I have preached this way more that I have practiced it.
Well, even though I feel stupid my problem is fixed!  It seems the spacebar was only doing exactly what I told it to do, have a look at the screen capture if you are unfamiliar with the system hotkeys screen and are having this, or a similar problem.  Code 32 is spacebar.

Thanks Brett for the help!
CB

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »
CB

LOL, I think you got that backwards Chris. Thank you. You are the one that turned me on to Mach and loads of other good things. I'm just glad you got it.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:05:13 AM »
I had problem with space bar during adjusting *.grab file for gamepad and find where
was my mistake reading your post. Thank you! 
CB

LOL, I think you got that backwards Chris. Thank you. You are the one that turned me on to Mach and loads of other good things. I'm just glad you got it.

Brett