Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:35:45 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Announcements and updates.  (Read 45141 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Announcements and updates.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:35 PM »
Build 2251 released      approximate release date  Mar 3rd, 2015

Includes the following changes that will impact the user experience:

1) Provisions added for Screw Error Mapping.

There are other changes behind the scenes including:

2) bool -> BOOL in InterpreterInfo struct.

3) Mach4 GUI fix for DRO events.

4) Take out Modbus assert messages.

Mach4Hobby is evolving rapidly, so be sure to check that your plugin is compatible with the version of Mach4Hobby that you are running.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 10:29:08 AM »
Build 2255 released      approximate release date  Mar 4th, 2015

1) Build 2251 had a bug with the toggle button.  If using the wxMach.set screen, a user would not be able to "Enable" the machine.  Build 2255 fixes the issue.

Mach4Hobby is evolving rapidly, so be sure to check that your plugin is compatible with the version of Mach4Hobby that you are running.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »
Build 2259 released      approximate release date  Mar 5th, 2015

1) This build address's a few bugs found in build 2255.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 01:10:50 AM »
Build 2270 released      approximate release date  Mar 16th, 2015

Build 2270 of Mach4Hobby can be downloaded here:

http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Mach4Hobby%20Installer-2270.exe

Build 2269 was short lived and going directly to build 2270 is recommended.

Build 2270 includes the following changes that will impact the user experience:

1) Fixes bug (again) in the delta mode motion data in API that slipped in when Screw Mapping was introduced in build 2251. This bug prevented correct motion data from being seen by SmartBOB plug-ins prior to 0.18.97 version. (note - SmartBOB plug-in version 0.18.97 now uses only absolute mode motion data)

2) Fixes bug in startup code that affected slower XP machines. Symptom was that Mach4 did not start or the loader complained that Mach4 was already running. Task manager could be used to kill the Mach4GUI.exe instance and then Mach4 could be re-started. Startup now waits until XP gets all processes ready before trying to launch GUI.

3) Updated comp to handle Linear Set Over and Arc Set Over.

There are other changes behind the scenes including:

4) Added a worker thread to execute button scripts.

5) Added --MC_OWN_THREAD flag to prevent long scripts from blocking the execution of the GUI. This flag is a comment and must be the line of the script.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
Build 3112 pre-release is available to test. This is a pretty major update. It is recommended you copy a default profile and configure the saved profile for your machine.

Build 3112 of Mach4Hobby can be downloaded here:

ftp://anonymous:guest@machsupport.com/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/Mach4Hobby%20Installer-4.2.0.3112.exe

1) PMC editor is now included. This is basically a ladder logic graphical script/code builder. If you like ladder logic, you should love PMC editor. No programming knowledge is needed for using the PMC editor. A PMC Editor help file is also included in the Docs folder.

2) Default profiles and screens for lathes and routers are now included.

3) Canned cycles wizards for lathe. ***These were donated by MachMotion and they have done a great job. You will want to check these out.***

4) Default screens have had significant updates (mainly to the scripts).

5) Functional cycle timer added to default screens.

6) A TouchOff module has been added (clicking the touch button will open it). Once you open it, read the tool tips that pop up when hovering over GUI elements for more details.

7) Fixed a few openGL bugs that were present in tangential mode.

8 ) A CV feedrate wizard is now included. At the moment, there are 179 settings for it. 1 - 179 degrees. Enter the max feedrate you want the machine to travel at for each angle.

9) Updated installer and uninstaller. Wording in some dialogs were edited to help users avoid mistakes while installing. You can also deselect any control types you wish not to install. The new uninstaller (which is installed when you run the new installer) should not delete existing license, custom screens, custom profiles or custom shortcuts. ***Note: The uninstaller you have now will so be sure to back everything up before running the installer***. Desktop shortcuts added for selected machine types. On the finish page you can deselect launching the Mach loader when finished.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:46:22 PM by Chaoticone »