Third party software and hardware support forums. > PoKeys

Driver Connection

(1/3) > >>

rodm717:
I have seen various ways to connect my pokeys57cnc to a step per driver. What is the recommended wiring configuration? I would imagine if this doesn't exist, it would make a good sticky.  The documentation from pokeys does not show this.
Currently have step to pul+, dir to dir+, and axenable to enable+ with pul-, dir-, and enable- connected to motor connector ground. It seems very noisy and motor stutters a lot more than I've seen with other controllers. I copied this setup in another thread, but is backwards from what I've used with other controllers.

rodm717:
Nobody? Guess I will try how i would normally wire and see what happens. Hard to believe a much cheaper control produces a quiet, smooth motion compared to this. The fact that a pokeys rep hasn't responded to what seems to be a simple request  and basic requirement of operation is a bit disturbing. Drivers can be wired and run with different configurations, however the controller should have a recommended or documented connection diagram. Am i missing something???

danilom:
"connected to motor connector ground" if this is motors power supply ground then its wrong, you should have connected ground from the pokeys57cnc.

I have my pokeys running servo motors perfectly without issues in motion.

rodm717:
Yes, I have the pokeys motor connector ground. There many grounds on pokeys. I was just specifying where it was connected on the device. Are you using the 5v as com and pokeys step and dir to (-) pul and dir on driver? I guess the real question is pokeys considered pnp or open collector?

danilom:
Well I designed my own interface for the 57E with differential line drivers on the outputs . So can't answer directly but looking at the board manual the motor connectors have a STEP and ground wire for it and DIR and ground and its not stated are these grounds the same or conveniently put to a separate wire for easy wiring or something else like wiring schematic for their POSTEP.
First you should try to use STEP and DIR only without enable (don't know which drives you use but any chinese dont need this signal connected to work) with their ground pair ... so pin3 dir , pin4 dir gnd, pin5 step, pin6 step gnd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version